“terrible service, worse staff” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 50 Restaurants in Wareham
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Harry's is an independent Cafe Bar offering a relaxed atmosphere in which to enjoy a real Italian coffee, breakfast, lunch, dinner or a refreshing drink. Also offering 2 for 1 on all main breakfasts and meals all day every Thursday as well as free WIFI and use of 2 computers. Its the perfect place to meet with friends or family.
Poole, United Kingdom
“terrible service, worse staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Made a trip out to Harrys Bar today with my daughter for lunch. We always go here once or twice in the summer, and have done so for many years, but today will be our last visit.
The waitress who took our order without writing it down,couldn't have looked less interested if she had tried.
After 25 minutes, we still had not received the drinks we ordered, and had to summon another member of staff to re order them whilst the waitress who served us stood fanning herself at the bar. Drinks arrived with an apology which was accepted,
Twenty minutes later and still waiting for our food, another member of staff came over to apologise for the delay and offered us a free tea or coffee after our meal and no charge for our drinks, which we accepted, Apparently our waitress 'Jen had forgotten it, but it was just on its way'
Seriously? A waitress who forgets food and drinks? What else is she there for? its not rocket science. The 'charming' Jen however didn't have the decency to come over and apologise herself, but left it to another older member of staff who I presume was the person in charge.
The food which was 'on its way' however still didn't arrive, and after a further 15 min, we left.
A sheepish apology was offered as we left, not by Jen, who just ignored us and looked at us like it was our fault! I quietly suggested to the person I thought was 'in charge', that she probably needed to sort some of staff out, to which she suggested I was being rude!!
And therein lies the problem, poor service and bad attitude with no one taking the lead and ensuring staff are up to scratch.
I cant comment on the food, as we never had any, but know that after many years of eating at Harrys Bar, following this episode I wont be going again,
To anyone that does go however, I would suggest that you make sure your waitress writes down your order otherwise you may never eat! Still cant get over that we came across a waitress in a restaurant that forgets to order food and drinks...... about as much use as a chocolate teapot!!!

• Visited July 2013
JudeMarquet, Owner at Harry's Cafe Bar Wareham, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Hi Susan
I was very sorry to read your review on Harry's and quite shocked. Jen has always been a very good employee, well liked with customers & staff and has always been a conscientious waitress, I can only apologise for the bad service that you feel you received on your visit. I have been encouraging the staff lately to not use as waitress pad for smaller tables but unfortunately mistakes do happen. After speaking to the staff concerned they were also quite shocked as they felt that you were quite happy with the free drinks and the offer of free hot drinks after your meal but you then left quite abruptly shouting back at the staff. The supervisor suggested that there was no need to be rude as she felt that you was quite happy up until that point, She is very sorry that you took offense to her remark. Once again I can only apologise and express how sorry I am that you will not be visiting Harry's again after being a regular customer over the years.

Reigate, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I went in to check that children were allowed. The lady I spoke to was so lovely and welcoming. And it got better. The food was delicious and ALL the staff were fantastic. My son had mussels which he demolished quickly! I had the beef burritos. I couldn't recommend this place enough.

Visited June 2013
Hi Darth
Thank you for your review on Harry's. Its always good to receive positive reviews especially as we have just re-vamped our menu. I'[m pleased you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon.
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Excellent menu and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was the only place we could find on arrival in Wareham at 4pm that was still serving food...and we were thrilled! Tapas, salads, sandwiches and then some really fabulous unique dishes - excellent quality food and the staff were great. Definitely be going back.

Visited June 2013
Hi Tetchy
Thank you for your review on Harry's. It is always good to receive positive reviews as we are always trying to maintain our standards and make everyone's experience in Harry's a pleasant one. Hopefully you will be back again soon.
Dorset
“Outstanding service and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We visited for lunch on Saturday and we were so impressed with really friendly and outstanding service and a great menu and fabulous food. The waitress made a slight mistake with the kind of bread we ordered, white instead of granary for the sandwich but was so apologetic and gave us our coffees for free, which was beyond expectations. Definitely will return again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hi Susie
Thank you for your review on Harry's. It's always good to receive a positive review especially as we have just re-vamped our menu and had extensive staff training. I hope you continue to visit Harry's when you are in Wareham.
Jude
“Just love this friendly place breakfasts the best in Wareham staff amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Staff very friendly they love dogs food lovely atmosphere is the best I could spend hours there reading or using the free wifi

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi Jon
Thank you for your review of Harry's. Its always nice to receive a positive review and encourages us to keep up the good work that we have all put in lately. Thank you