“AMAZING GHOST TOWN” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“AMAZING GHOST TOWN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

A great place to visit a ghost town with a sad story to tell. The school room wasn't open this time but we will make a return visit next year. I would recommend this to anyone, so many story's so much historical value.

Visited September 2013

Bucks, UK
19 attraction reviews
“Unspoilt history”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Beautiful countryside, and time warp cottages with a poignant history. Wonderfully researched and exhibited. Very atmospheric.

London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“beryl k”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

we stopped here today Sept 1st as we had read about it and we were on our way home from holiday.When we arrived I was standing by a small pond and an elderly lady remarked to me how muddy it was,Are you local? I asked and she said,Yes,I am one of the last 18 people still alive who lived here,and boy did she some tales to tell.Her father was a gardener for the big house.We could have spoken to her all day,she was a lovely lady.She often visits and when I remarked about the donation for parking she said "I never pay purely on principal" They took my home and we had to leave with no help whatsoever.Well worth the visit.

Visited September 2013
Northampton, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“Continues to be lovely and thought provoking.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We visited last on Aug 20th, although we have visited many times over the years. It never fails to enthrawl and just be lovely!! We walked down to Worbarrow and sat for a while.The information boards in the properties are interesting and fascinating. We had a lovely day and a lovely picnic. Every time we have been we learn something more.

Poole, United Kingdom
“Day trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Visited here for a short visit & thought that was appropriate for my mother & me.Ok for a small visit but those with more energy would, I believe have a more interesting time as the drive down showed glimpses of the sea & cliffs which looked breathtaking & which you can walk down to.Also some reviews seem to suggest that there is a long walk to the village which is incorrect as its a 2 minute walk!