Just come back from a weekend at The Heights, to celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary. We had a great time and there were many positives as follows -
Huge room and massive, incredibly comfortable bed
Completely silent night - unheard of in most hotels
ALL staff were extremely polite and helpful - excellent service
Breathtaking views from the bar and restaurant
Very tasty food and relaxing bar
Many wonderful walks right on the hotel doorstep
However, nothing is perfect and I must just mention the following -
Our room was incredibly dark (massive wall was dark brown!) and had terrible lighting - we were unable to read in bed due to the tiny lamps with low voltage. The hotel had one spare lamp but to be honest, that was no better. If only the massive wall had been white to reflect the light!
The other thing was the hideous tyre place opposite which is such an eye-sore it's unbelievable.
However, all in all, we had a wonderful weekend, walked the coastal path and were blessed with the weather. We would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the summit of the Isle of Portland with panoramic sea and coastal views from our Bar, Bistro and Coffee shop over Chesil Beach, the World Heritage coast and the 2012 Olympic sailing venue of Portland Harbour and Lyme Bay. On-site Gym, meeting rooms and business services. Special interest breaks, birdwatching, flora & fauna etc. Ample free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Heights Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heights Hotel Isle Of Portland
- The Heights Hotel Isle Of Portland, Dorset