Recently visited The Heights coffee shop, had a cream tea and a ice-cream from the portable ice-cream seller outside which I understand from speaking to the very helpful young man was set up for the Olympics. He chatted to me about the local area and the forthcoming Olympic events. He even told my husband and I to visit Weymouth on a Monday night as they hold a fantastic firework display. The cream tea was lovely however the ice-cream was an unexpected treat but not as unexpected as the friendly nature of the young seller who must of been about 16 years old and took the time to chat and gave us lots of valuable information about the area, It was so nice to meet a teenager who has manners and obviously been brought up well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the summit of the Isle of Portland with panoramic sea and coastal views from our Bar, Bistro and Coffee shop over Chesil Beach, the World Heritage coast and the 2012 Olympic sailing venue of Portland Harbour and Lyme Bay. On-site Gym, meeting rooms and business services. Special interest breaks, birdwatching, flora & fauna etc. Ample free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your The Heights Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heights Hotel Isle Of Portland
- The Heights Hotel Isle Of Portland, Dorset