“Great campsite and a lovely atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Norden Farm Campsite

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corfe Castle
Norden Farm Campsite
You added Norden Farm Campsite to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   Norden Farm | Corfe Castle, Wareham, Corfe Castle BH20 5DS, England   |
“Great campsite and a lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with our touring caravan. It's a lovely site with a relaxed atmosphere. Our daughter loved all the animals around. The shop is well stocked and very reasonably priced. It was useful having a takeaway on site too. Will definitely be returning. Great for kids with the animals play park and freedom to run about and ride bikes etc. the shower and toilet facilities are of a high standard too. Will definitely visit again

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Southend on Sea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Turned up not having booked. We were given the pitch ( which are very generous in size) we requested after looking at the site. The fact it was a farm with animals made it for us and being dog friendly as we had a cocker spaniel with us even better. The facilities were brilliant, very very clean and the staff in the shop most helpful. Walks from the site onto the Purbeck Way great. You cannot do wrong with this site would always stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This campsite was fab! Loved every minute of it and the animals around the farm really made it for us.I can't think of any negatives. Here is a breakdown:

BOOKING (we were in two man tent)
We stayed 9th-12th Sept so wasn't expecting it to be particularly busy as after school holidays, but booked over the phone the weekend before anyway. When arrived was clear where to go to book in which was swift and easy.

FACILITIES
Very good, very impressed. Showers and toilets always clean and never had a problem having to wait, In fact most days we were the only ones in the showers. They have one chalet at the bottom of the site, which is closed for cleaning early afternoon but it was signposted there was another block in Pond Field. We never had to use these so can't rate them.

SHOP
As many others have said the shop is well stocked and very well priced, I think they might have everything you could possibly think of. For example, I kicked myself having forgotten our mallet and we ducked into the B&Q in Poole on the way and bought one for £5 - they had one in the shop for less then £2! We were really very impressed and couldn't believe how much of everything they had, as welll as staples such as eggs, burgers, bacon, rolls, they had disposable BBQs, kids toys, all vital camping equipment, every larder staple you could think of, dog food/toys.....the list goes on and on and on! They also offer ice block hire at £1.35 per block, and you get £1 back when you return it. Oh I almost forgot, they sell all types of cigarettes and tobacco for any fellow smokers out there so you won't be left stranded,

PITCH
Still quite busy when we went, mostly caravans though. We were in Donkey field. I had remembered reading something about getting in the Top Field but couldn't remember why and in any case I had forgotten when I booked. Anyway I realised at silly o'clock in the AM when we were awoken by the crows. It wasn't great and I was quite annoyed, they did not stop and very loud. I was inititally going to knock off a star for this but I ended up having such a good time, combined with the fact that I didn't even hear them on day 3 it wasn't so much of a problem.
Good spacing, we had people either side of us but never felt crowded. Think it helps no groups so most people kept themselves to themselves and we were out everyday anyway.

FARM
Loved it. Really made the difference between just another campsite. And we don't even have kids. A lot of the smaller animals are left to roam free which made a welcome addition to our pitch at times. The farm states on the website 'no on site entertainment' but this isn't true, the animals are well worth it!

LOCATION
Superb. 20 minutes walk to Corfe Castle. I wouldn't exactly call it a hike (I just about did it in flip flops, but was certainly more comfortable in walking boots) however it might be a bit much for elderly persons. Saying that there is a bus stop right outside (although you will have to walk across the busy main road). But it is a really nice walk you really do get some lovely views of Corfe Castle and once you have done it once it seems like it takes half the time so I would certainly recommend. We only got a cab back from the village once as it was raining but also after dark the walk would be impossible without a good torch.

Corfe Castle Village
Great. There are 4 pubs, Fox Inn is oldest pub however the beer and wine in there is not good. It's open odd hours too. The Castle Inn is a little walk up the main street but massive beer garden (randomly with chickens and bunnies). The Bankes Arms is really nice, next to train station and has a nice beer garden. The Grayhound (aswell as Bankes Arms) has amazing views of Castle, you are basically sitting right next to it). We had dinner in here one night it was very, very, very good.
The nicest thing about the village is....no Tesco or Co-Op in sight. They have a corner shop which is very nice and well stocked up with ales!
What I really must say is that everyone was so friendly. It's amazing how many places we have been to where they seem to hate tourist! But everywhere we went we would have a nice chat with the staff.

Swanage
OK, beach fab (we loved having fish and chips on the beach) but the rest of it....I think it's somewhere Mary Portis would love to get her hands on. Shame as it's a Victorian seaside town. It's full of a LOT of old people.

Wareham
Let down for us but then we didn't overly explore. 10 minutes of the bus (Purbeck Breezer leaves every 1 hr 20 mins I think, £3.90 each way or £8 something for a day rover, good value as that would take you all the way to Studland, Poole etc.)

Steam train
We got the train from CC to Swanage and it was brilliant. If you have never been on a steam train before you must go. Quite expensive at £10.50 per adult but totally worth it. I even loved the stations, they have done a really good job keeping these in the original appearance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Booked Friday lunchtime (only site with space) for Friday night. Arrived and were quickly led to an ample site for our 7m motorhome. Pitches are well marked and adequately sized. Camping field was more casual, but even that was not as busy as some I have seen on Purbeck, despite being virtually fully booked. Never saw all the showers full, although the separate toilets were busy and just a little smelly by evening (not surprising as it was very very busy and they were not horrible, just a little smellier than ideal). On Saturday night went for a long walk directly from the site up onto West Hill. Dog got absolutely filthy in a mire, so I was very pleased to use the 'Pooch Parlour' to shower him. A facility I have not seen on any site before, but should be. Well done Norden.

Despite being a very busy weekend with a lot of families camping, it calmed down as soon as it was dark to a nice quiet site. Being a working farm, lots of animals and visitors are welcome to wander around to see them; great for kids (and most adults too)

Wanted to stay a little later than usual leaving time on the Sunday, which the site office approved without hesitation. Had a lovely day In Swanage on Saturday and morning in nearby Corfe on Sunday. Great spot, good facilities, helpful team. we will visit again.

Room Tip: It is a camp site in a popular area. Expect busy in high season.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed with our six year old. Added another night to the end of our stay as weather was great.

Our pitch was adequate although not spacious (which was fine by us considering still school holidays). Space between pitches was just adequate.

Access to hook up and water was fine. We were in Main field so close to toilets and washing up facilities. Toilets were kept clean enough although my husband reports the gents took a thrashing each morning and rendered the various traps unusable. I wouldn't be able to recommend this site to my sister, who has a slight OCD issue with cleaning, because things certainly aren't pristine. That said, when floor tiles are selected to ensure they are non slip and resemble public swimming pool tiles that have had much use I can understand why they showers have some ingrained stains (or possibly mud from shoes?). Either way, go camping here knowing this is the case and you can work around things with flip flops - at the end of the day the water is clean and hot and the surfaces clean!).

The shop was well stocked and reasonably priced. We found the ice block hire useful and cheap.

My daughter made 'friends' with some of the goats and we had a great meal in the onsite restaurant (be sure to reserve in advance).

The play park was a little over crowded and the see saw the scene of several bashes and tears. Parents weren't always supervising which didn't help things. By day 5 my daughter had lost interest in the play park which I was pleased about.

We had one night with late night music but it was NOT onsite. My husband wandered out at 2am and reported that it was bey

Horsham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Great working farm that the family will enjoy. Lots of space & lovely location. When it is busy I think the facilities struggle to keep up. Corfe castle is within walking distance. Visit Wareham where you can hire a boat up the river. Swanage is a must visit as well as Studland Bay beach. If you are a NT member you can avoid the £10 per day parking fee!

Christchurch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Just got back from another visit to Norden, can't rate this site highly enough, situation is beautiful, site is really clean and very well maintained, staff friendly and always available, shop is a real farm shop and well stocked,toilet blocks clean and always plenty of hot water, close to the best seaside town in the country, Swanage, although we only live 20 miles away, we love our breaks here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Norden Farm Campsite? Share your experiences!