We choose to hold our Wedding at Mortons House and we are so glad we did. Bev (1 of the owners) is truely ace and her correspondance and willingness to accomodate our changing plans made the planning simple. We would strongly recommend this Lovely Hotel as a Venue.
From arrival the staff were very warm welcoming genuine friendly people and from our observations over our weekend stay this is the same treatment that is given to everyone.
There is ample secure parking available and user friendly disabled access. The grounds which are well lit and well kept hint at the beauty and character that awaits you inside.
As you enter the foyer you are greeted by tasteful decor in keeping with this lovely old building and charm in abundance. To the left of the reception desk is the Oak room with its high wing backed chairs and open fire that long for the dark winter nights to offer refuge and relief.
To the right a splendid old staircase that reminds you just how grand houses like these must of been when they were built, maybe we look through romantic eyes but you can not help but like just how nice this hotel is! If you take the time to look around you start to notice lovely pieces of period furniture that just belong in a place like this, alot of effort has gone into the ingredients and it is perfect.
Between our party we had 7 of the available rooms and not 1 of them could be faulted. The Elizebethan room is very spacious and the bed is so comfortable, again the room is well decorated and in keeping with the house. Unlike many hotels they have not just rolled out a fix planned layout but added even more character by the pieces they have choosen in each room, this is no accident and we appreciated that. The spa bath was lovely and a welcomed bit of respite for us as our schedule had been rather busy up until arrival. We really can not emphasise how at ease we fealt once we had arrived.
Having read several reviews ourselves before staying we are a little lost as to some of the issues some people raised and for us there were no issues.
The service you recieve here is very tentative and this is very evident at meal times. Breakfast up until now has very much been a somewhat under rated overlooked meal of the day but Mortons House transformed it in to a work of art, you are greeted as soon as you sit down and offered Tea, Coffee, Toast and informed what is available. This seems to be on repeat perscription and you are not left wanting. Both breakfasts we had the pleasure of having were equally as good and to the same high standards with not only presentation being critical but flavour that leaves you in awe and this is "only" breakfast.
For our mains we had a combination of a la carte and lounge menu meals and any one of them would not look out of place in a gallery. There is a good choice from either menu and the same standard and quality is given regardless. We had 18 meals all different but the co-ordination was magnificant, if service could be made a sport then Mortons House would be olympic champions, again you want for nothing and you are not left waiting for service this is a very tight team and they are very profficient, not one wine glass emptied throughout the meal.
On top of all this the hotel is very much a part of Corfes community and you really get a good feel of the people that live in this lovely little Village. For us this is a perfect hotel and we can only recommend it, our words probably do not do it the justice it deserves and 99% of people who try this hotel must surely be satisfied and the other 1% we are at a loss.
- Also Known As:
- Mortons Hotel Corfe Castle
- Mortons Corfe Castle
- Mortons House Hotel Corfe Castle, Dorset
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 400 year old Elizabethan manor located in pretty Corfe Castle in Dorset. 21 Character en-suite rooms and an award-winning restaurant. The hotel is ideally situated close to the beaches at Studland, Swanage and Lulworth with numerous walks along the Jurassic Coast on our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Mortons House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.