“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Bull Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bridport
The Bull Hotel
You added The Bull Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   34 East Street, Bridport DT6 3LF, England   |
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Bridport
London, United Kingdom
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. The food was great and the staff were friendly. It is located in the middle of Bridport making it two miles from the Sea. My only concern was that my room was located by the stairs hence I didn't sleep that well as I could hear people walking up and down the stairs in the two nights I stayed there.

Room Tip: Don't pick a room by the stairs!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on honeymoon in late January and had a fantastic stay. Comfortable, cool and funky surroundings and great service. The breakfasts really are luxury quality, the smoked salmon is excellent and not to be missed. The staff were very friendly and hospitable. We stayed in the red room and weren't disappointed. We had a very romantic break and I couldn't have wished for a better honeymoon. The hotel claims to be family friendly, so after our baby arrives in the summer time, we will definitely be back.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
winchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

It was a much needed 2 night stay and The Bull Hotel did not disappoint! They made us feel very welcome, spacious and comfortable rooms, wonderful breakfast - and Laura was absolutely superb, incredibly helpful. She even came to our rescue and dog's at our hound for the second night at an hour's notice! Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Our room was so small I had to crawl along the bed to avoid the radiator, as there was not enough room to walk passed it. One bedside table was turned sideways because the room was not wide enough to put it round the right way. We were also charged for a bar bill that was not ours and over charged for our room. Our daughter was also presented with a bar bill that was not theirs, these were rectified but only when challenged. Why not ask customers to show their room key when ordering at the bar? This would save a lot of mistakes. Very over priced.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Teignmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

he Bull Hotel in the centre of Bridport was a wonderful surprise. After an afternoon walking the heights above West Bay (in glorious sunshine, I might add) to relax into the most comfortable, stylish room - more of a suite really, complete with Victorian-style sitz-bath at the foot of the bed!!, was simply instant bliss. And as for the bed, well, at first flop we both agreed we had never before experienced such comfort - instant zizz.
Thence, eventually, to the cocktail palace; another treat, where two enthusiastic young barmen shook and crushed up a storm of exotic flavours. And we (more accurately, I) waddled back through the ballroom - a ballroom in the heart of a 17th century coaching inn and on the first floor too, another surprise, along the tortuous passageways, down well worn stairs to the Dining Room. Crisp white linen, home made bread and sundry bon-bouches, a wine list to die for, a handsome unfussily attentive French maitre D, and a tight menu comprised of prime local meats, fishes and veg each with a story to tell. The best scallops I have tasted since suchi in Connemara, a smoked haddock chowder toe-curlingly tasty, followed by delightful duck and tender pork cheeks. Sadly, no room for pudd (have to come again and remember to leave room).
And so to bed for the best night's sleep since I know not when.
Can I tell you about breakfast? Ah, no. It will have to wait til next time as I feel I have run out of superlatives (or overdone it) already.

Room Tip: Chose one of the themed rooms ours was the Nadia (Indian theme) stunning!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
whiskers13
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The rooms are small, the pipes make a continuous banging noise through out the night. The shower was just a trickle, was so bad I could not wash my hair.
The hotel is massively overpriced, is no better than a 2 star room wise.
Breakfast room was freezing every morning, for some reason they did not light the fire before breakfast started. Food was always cold and served on freezing cold plates. Again, over priced.
On check out someone had charged drinks to all of our rooms, the receptionist was very angry even though it was not our fault. She was very unpleasant and tried to make us pay extras elsewhere. This was a very upsetting experience and I would never stay nor recommend this hotel or restaurant to my worst enemy!

• Stayed December 2013
Aylesbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed for two nights over New Year's Eve 2013/14 (my third stay at The Bull). Everything about this hotel is positive - not least the staff attitude which really makes a difference. Providing free champagne at breakfast on New Year's Day was typical of the hotel's friendly attitude. It also has the most comfortable beds in the world.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Bull Hotel? Share your experiences!