My husband and I stayed in this B&B for one night in June.
The good things about it were:
- very friendly and helpful hosts
- walking distance to West Bay beaches
- nice breakfast
- tea and coffee making facilities in the room
What we didn't like:
- EXTREMELY NOISY PLUMBING!!! - like nothing I've ever come across before!
- bathroom door in our room didn't have a lock and would not stay shut
- bathroom wasn't clean when we arrived, there was rubbish left in the bin
Overall, I wouldn't stay in this B&B again; and if travelling in that area in future, would prefer to stay in Lyme Regis - much prettier town with lovely shops and marina.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The White House is a relaxed and informal family run bed and breakfast. Situated in the heart of the Jurassic Coast, England's first natural world heritage site, a unique 95 mile stretch of coast line. We are just a few minutes walk to the town centre and historic Harbour, and the fabulous breath taking Jurassic beaches, but also far enough away from the hustle and bustle of city life that you can relax and enjoy yourself. Of course for those of you who wish we are only a short drive to shopping centres such as Exeter, Yeovil, Dorchester, and of course Weymouth - home of the 2012 Olympic Games sailing events. All of us at the White House will endeavor to make your stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible. The house is a classic 260 years old (Georgian) style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your The White House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White House Bridport, Dorset