Quite literally staggered reading some comments below. For what you pay here the service and facilities are good. If you want five star service and state of the art facilities, stay at The Savoy! People really need to reign in their expectations when staying somewhere like Golden Sands.
On arrival, the silver lodge we booked was very cold - but hey presto we cranked up the radiator temperature and in ten minutes the place was nice and cosy. The kids loved the bunk beds and the size of the bedrooms surprised me (in a good way). OK so the matress was a bit hard, but when you pay £300.00 for a 7 night break you know you're not going to get the sort of bed you'd expect in a £500.00 a night hotel!
We really only used the park as a base for the surrounding areas, but we did use the swimming pool on more than one occasion and found it to be adequate. The bowling and soft play areas also went down well with the kids. We didn't sample the food on-site as we cooked ourselves 5 days out of 7 and ate out and about the other 2 days.
Overall I would recommend, but really must advise people to remember what they're paying for the facilities and use this as a benchmark against what your expectations should be.
We had a great family holiday and would think about returning.
Only negative (which the park can do nothing about) were the mindless idiots in the bar one night (football was showing) who thought nothing of dropping the 'f' bomb in ear shot of about 20 children....mindless morons.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Coast Holiday Village Hotel
- Golden Coast Holiday Village Hotel Woolacombe
- Golden Coast Holiday Village Woolacombe, Devon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Coast offers a unique holiday experience with something for everyone to enjoy. Situated at the head of a picturesque valley, the Park can be as action-packed or indulgently relaxing as you with with all the facilities you could dream of to keep all ages entertained from dawn to dusk. ... more less