We (family of four with two young children) have just returned from staying in a Ocean View 2 bedroom caravan. We booked a 3 night stay.
When I booked the caravan (online to get the discount) I then phoned as our friends wanted to come along in the camper van and wanted to stay as close as possible to us. The lady was extremely helpful and after checking our booking told me the pitch that our friends should quote on their to make sure they were as close as possible. This was perfect as they were only a matter of feet away from us.
When I arrived at the site at midday I was told that check in was from 4pm but as soon as the caravan was cleaned they would call. I was helping our friends set up their tent and saw the lady who had just finished cleaning our caravan shut the door and within 2 minutes reception were on the phone telling me I can collect the keys, this is a great service.
The caravan was perfect, very clean, comfortable and had everything you could wish for it to have. As for the view from the caravan, this was breath taking and we spend every evening sipping wine watching the sun setting.
I've read reviews on this site moaning about the walk to the beach. We had two push chairs, each with a one year old in and a four year old walking. We also took all of our luggage for a day at the beach (with three kids!).If any able bodied person complains about the walk they need to take a look at themselves as it is a beautiful walk, fine for push chairs ( I agree, it is probably unsuitable for wheelchairs) and takes 10 minutes, don't think about it, just walk.
We woke one morning and were cold so we called the reception and they sent someone straight away to come and show us how to get the heating working, very efficient, thanks.
All in all I would highly recommend this site for two reasons, the location and the staff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Woolacombe Sands Holiday Park offers you everything you could wish for from a Self-Catering family holiday. Set in the beautiful rolling coastal countryside with spectacular views overlooking the sea and Woolacombe's fabulous golden sands - one of the few beaches to achieve both the Blue Flag and Premier Resort awards - it's fun for all the family & we are the closest holiday park to the beach! Enjoy our indoor & outdoor heated swimming pools, or club with daily & nightly live entertainment, crazy golf, new children's park, football & basketball pitch, footpath to the beach & much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Woolacombe Sands Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woolacombe Sands Holiday Park Hotel Woolacombe
- Woolacombe Sands Holiday Park Devon