“Icing on the Cake” 5 of 5 stars

Warrington, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Icing on the Cake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went on the badger watch in the second week of an already fabulous holiday to Somerset but this really was the icing on the cake. I would thoroughly recommend that you make a booking as not only where we able to see these lovely animals in real life within a couple of feet but Kevin, who owned the farm, was full of useful information regarding badgers and the bad press that they have. We had booked the ordinary watch which cost £11 per adult but there were also photography evenings available which cost more. This was truly an experience that we shall never forget.

Visited June 2013
badgerannie, Manager at Devon Badger Watch, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
After so many great reviews I have finally found out how to respond and found the time to do so!

Thank you for your appreciative review and I am glad you enjoyed your experience here.
We have worked hard over the last 18 years to accustom the badgers to people being in the hide and be comfortable with coming so close. We also try to be as informative as possible, so it is very gratifying to know that people like yourself appreciate the results..

Bodmin
3 attraction reviews
“Badger Photography evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The badger photography evening was a great opportunity for an amateur photographer like me to take photographs of badgers at close range. We were able to take lots of photographs of the four badgers. I would thoroughly recommend it as an interesting and enjoyable experience. It has inspired me to go out in the countryside to find more wildlife to photograph.
Thank you to both Kevin and Anne.

Crawley,West Sussex
“Evening out with Brock”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I arranged this as a surprise for my wife while on a short break in North Devon.My wife and I both love wildlife and having never seen badgers in the wild thought it would be something new. Well if I put all the superlatives I know into this it wouldn't be enough.The evening was fantastic with almost constant views of up to 7 badgers including 3 cubs all within 2 or 3 feet away. Kevin our host was very knowledgeable and interesting and gave us some insights into Bovine TB and the proposed culling of these beautiful animals. If you get to do one thing in Devon do this.

Visited June 2013

Thank you for your appreciative review and I am glad you and your wife enjoyed your experience here.

Exeter, United Kingdom
“A magical evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We knew just what to expect after Kevin's introduction but it was still very exciting when the first badger poked its nose out of the sett, followed by other members of the clan. The badgers arrived quickly and stayed for some time: a fantastic opportunity to observe them at very close-range, as well as soak up the sights and sounds of the beautiful woodland setting. Kevin's commentary was extremely interesting and he was very happy to answer questions afterwards. We have already recommended a visit to a number of our friends.

Visited May 2013

Thank you so much for recommending us to your visitors and friends.

Mars, Outerspace
6 attraction reviews
“Close encounter of the badger kind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Incredibly close viewing of the badgers - and very insightful and interesting commentary from the host. Provides a good understanding of the issues around badger conservation. Definitely worth a visit if you fancy conservation and wildlife.

Visited April 2013