The Devon Railway Centre is a little site with a range of railway related activities. It is primarily aimed at younger kids - I would suggest the under 8's as older children will have little to do. There are a couple of train rides, a range of sit on rides, crazy golf, a ball pit, sand pit, brio layouts to play with, a small play area and some model railways to look at.
A few points:
1) A number of the rides require additional money to make them work (typically 50p/£1). Worth knowing as it will be an additional cost once you have already paid a reasonable amount to get in.
2) There is a nice picnic area that you have to catch the train to get to.
3) The cafe is reasonably priced and does a good range of food.
4) It is really a "half a day" type of place - you will be hard pushed to spend more than 4 hours here even with the most train mad kids.
5) There is a nice cafe/bar at the Mill next door that you can leave the site to visit.
If you own or manage Devon Railway Centre, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.