“Really Good Value!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lifton
Truro, England, United Kingdom
“Really Good Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We used the Travel Zoo voucher and it was very good value! Staff welcoming and room and atmosphere fantastic! Really warm, clean and comfortable. The canapés and champagne were yummy and the five course taster menu along with full English breakfast all really excellent!! Just one downside and nobodies fault really but we stayed in room 6 at the top of the stairs, just above the bar. This room was quire noisy and guests kept us awake until 2am laughing and joking in the bar below.

Room Tip: Not room 6!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Hook
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My Fiancé and I booked to stay here through the Travelzoo deal which is a brilliant offer.
When I phoned to book the lady was really helpful and having a wheat allergy was no problem for them, which unfortunately isn't the usual response I get so I was already excited about our forth coming stay.
When we arrived Friday night we were greeted by friendly staff, our check in was quick and smooth and we were shown to our room which we were both really impressed with. The room was spacious, beautifully decorated and had a real warm & cosy feel.
We stayed for 2 nights, the first night we had dinner at the Courthouse Bar which was really yummy, great value and decent portions and the service was faultless.
Saturday morning I was delighted at breakfast to receive the yummiest homemade gluten free bread, this really was a lovely touch as usually I'm use to going without! The rest of the breakfast was really nice, which a huge menu option of what to have. The smoked salmon and scrambled eggs was perfect.
The Saturday night we had the 5 course tasting menu. This started in the bar with a glass of fizz and my own wheat free canapés! Then we moved to the restaurant to have our dinner, all of which were truly amazing and so delicious, the whole experience was perfect. I even got more wheat free bread here, and some of the dishes were slightly altered for me to accommodate my wheat allergy.
All of the staff were attentive without being over the top, really friendly and helpful. Even the receptionist on the Saturday helped us plan our day out.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Arundel Arms to anyone, and if you get to come on the Travelzoo deal it's a bonus!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
foxy1307, Owner at Arundell Arms Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear aimeesmart,

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay here. It's rare to see a review mentioning our lovely country inn, The Courthouse Bar. The inn is run by a mother and daughter team with the food being overseen by our Head Chef.

It's great to know that all of your meals here were satisfactory as all three of our dining establishments offer such different dining styles from each other. I will be sure to let each department know how much you have enjoyed your stay.

Best, Adam Fox-Edwards
Frome, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here on a Travelzoo deal and will be looking out to return. Our room looked out over the moors, was tastefully decorated and very comfortable. All the staff were very professional and made us feel that we were really wanted in the hotel. The resturant was tastefully decorated and spacious.The food a pleasure to look at and eat. The 5 course tasting menu that we ate had an interesting selection of courses and was satisfying. The lounge is large but well arranged with comfortable chairs and sofas grouped to give the feeling of cosiness. Breakfast is served till 10am so there is no panic to get cracking. The Full English was perfectly cooked with quality products and not a sign of grease. We should have booked for longer. Leaving there we drove up onto Dartmoor and walked of breakfast.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Annemarie R

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and meal here. Please do come back and visit us again soon as I am sure you will enjoy your next visit just as much!

Best, Adam Fox-Edwards
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed for one night on a meal and bed deal and were very satified.
The taster meal we had was top class, superb food. Highest compliments to the chef and his team.
Our room was clean and well appointed with very little signs of wear and tear despite the property being an older building with character.
The staff were attentive without being “in your face.”
My only disappointment was that they had no Rose wine despite their being three on the wine list. Something I am sure they will have remedied.
We use hotels a lot for leisure stay overs and this rates as one of the best.

Dear SueCrit

Thank you for your review. I am really pleased that you had enjoyed your stay here. And i am happy to be able to report that all rose wine stocks are replenished and extra stocks are now held to ensure we do not run out again! Should you visit again I promise we will have a big glass of rose ready and waiting for you!!

Best wishes Adam Fox-Edwards
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Myself and partner stayed here on the Travelzoo deal and cannot believe what fantastic value it offered. We had a great, cosy, warm room with a good sized bathroom. The 5 course tasting menu which was included in the deal was superb. Each course was fantastic and we thoroughly enjoyed our champagne and canapés in the bar area before dinner. Coffee and chocolates by the fire in the lounge finished off our meal perfectly and we felt utterly spoilt!
Our breakfast was good and I would recommend a stay here as the food is great and the staff are welcoming and friendly. However, if you can get the Travelzoo voucher you will be in for a real treat.

Dear Mthcmb88

Thank you for taking the time to review us. The Travel Zoo deal offers exceptional value and it's purpose for us is to make new customers aware of who we are, where we are and also what a great product we have to offer. Now that you've had a sample of our offerings, hopefully next time you'll try out some of our fishing?

Kind regards, Adam Fox-Edwards
Braunton, Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here for one night and wish it was longer. It was smooth and easy from beginning to end. The hotel is in a beautiful village location, the rooms are lovely, the staff is very friendly but professional and the food is excellent. I'd like to say a thankyou to Jackie who sorted out our booking and a lovely room and Stefan the Maitre D/Sommelier/Barman who was just a legend. He not only picked out the perfect wines to accompany our tasting menu, but was great fun and really made the evening. He is a man who is definitely in the right job. Our heads were a bit sore in the morning though..! Hope to return soon.

Dear AndyMBraunton,

I do hope that your sore heads have recovered! I will certainly pass on your thanks to the relevant staff who I am sure will be as pleased as I am to discover you had such a great stay!

We'll look forward to your return!

Regards, Adam Fox-Edwards
Yeovil, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Please stay here. Its wonderful, great atmosphere, great bar room, nice large lounge with lots of soafs and a massive fireplace.

Staff are extremely knowledgable and memorable. Food is amazing, brillant presentation by the chefs, good range of choice on the menu. Pretty much all my favourite things in one place!! And I am hard to please!

The area has a very cool pub about 10 mins drive down the dual carriageway. The village is brilliant for walks, and has its own history map to take you on your journey.

Try the sandwiches, no word of a lie, I never thought a sandwich could look so good and taste so amazing.

The wine menu has a great range of choices.

I recommend this is any couple, or any friends looking for a relaxing break.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tara H,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here. And especially happy that we were able to please someone who by your admission is hard to please! We are incredibly proud of our food here and are very lucky to have such a great team of chefs!

Many thanks for taking the time to review us, and we hope to be able to welcome you back here soon.

Kindest regards, Adam Fox-Edwards

Been to Arundell Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!