“Great Italian restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 55 Restaurants in Kingsbridge
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Great Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We visited this restaurant on a busy Saturday night over Easter 2014 where we experienced fantastic food, warm friendly service and a good atmosphere. I had a simple Parma Hama nd melon to start so I could enjoy my scampi dish served with lovely fresh vegetables. The whole party enjoyed their meal, many thanks to the hospitable owners.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Authentic Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Visited Giovanni's with friends upon recommendation of a friend who lives locally. Prior to our visit, I looked for reviews on trip adviser. There was only one; but it was good. I took notice of the review and ordered the calamari. Again, like the previous reviewer, I'm not a fan. However, glad I took the chance, it was indeed, delicious. As were most other aspects Of the meal. I wasn't too fond of the apple strudel, too much cinnamon, not enough apple, but that's probably my personal preference. It was home-made and presented well. We were well looked after by the waitresses and owners. I wouldn't hesitate to visit again if I was in Kingsbridge.

Visited October 2013
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Best italian meal ever !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We've just spent a few days on holiday in the Kingsbridge area and stumbled on this restaurant by chance. The owner/chef is a lovely Italian man and made us feel very welcome..likewise his wife (?) and the young waitress. My husband and I both had the deep-fried calamari to start ( which I always said i disliked as I'd had some horrible rubbery versions ) but this was really lovely ! To follow we had tagliatelle, mine with olives and anchovies and hubby's with tuna...both excellent. To follow we had an awesome ice-cream , cream, meringue, chocolate sauce concoction to share..fantastic ! All washed down with a reasonably priced bottle of pinot grigio blush.
I'd highly recommend this restaurant if you're in the mood for some lovely authentic italian food.
P.s they don't serve pizzas.

• Visited September 2013