“Great Pottery Painting with Great Coffee” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Exeter
“Great Pottery Painting with Great Coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was amazed i absolutely loved this and I really didn't expect to. Very friendly and fun for all ages

Visited December 2012

Bigbury-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“great coffee!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

great coffee and snacks. you can paint your own mugs plates dishes etc at a reasonable price...and have an original item as a gift..or keep yourself. lovely friendly staff

Visited December 2012
Kingsbridge, Devon
“Great concept but horrible staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Since the Art Cafe first opened, the standard of service has gradually deteriorated. The ceramics have gradually become lighter and lighter (ie. lesser and lesser quality) and it now seems quite pricey. However, I could overlook this, since for us, the appeal is primarily for the children they don't notice that sort of thing, but the service, I cannot ignore. The staff are rude, unhelpful and not at all welcoming. On this most recent occasion, we arrived to find that the cafe was jam packed, and we were informed we'd need to come back in 2 hours time, although they would call us if a table came free sooner. This was fine, as we understand that on a rainy day, things get busy. I rang back about half an hour after we had left, to leave an alternative contact number, because my mobile battery had died, and the person that answered the phone firstly couldn't find our reservation, and then, when I explained that we had definitely booked said 'We're full, what do you want me to do?' To be honest, in the future, I think we'll make the journey over to China Blue in Totnes instead.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
plymouth
“Good for young families”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

This cafe is ideal for young families who might want to keep them occupied with painting some of the china and the tables are covered in brigtly covered table clothes. Coffee was quite good but it felt quite crowded as there were a lot of tables crammed into the seating area.

Visited May 2012