We have eaten consistantly well at this idyllic country house hotel for years. Recently we got married here, it was quite a perfect weekend, as we had taken over the whole hotel (sorry if you wanted to stay!) The organisation was beyond reproach and food excellent. The management even coped with an unexpected guest, produced food and a place at table without a murmer! The rooms were superb and the staff could not be friendlier and knew when to remove themselves.
This hotel has nailed it for us, thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award For Excellence - Conde Nast Johansens 2014. In Top Best Foodie Hotels in SW England - voted by readers of Food magazine. Combe House Devon is a stunning 450-year old Elizabethan Manor, set in 3,500 acres of one of Devon's finest estates. It's informal, relaxing and hugely romantic, and wherever you wander (and there's quite a bit of it) something magnificent catches the eye. Devon foodies will undoubtedly have heard of Combe House. The acclaimed restaurant is highly praised as one of the best in the south west, and service is genuinely faultless. There is loads of local game and fresh fish and most of the vegetable and herbs come from the restored Victorian kitchen gardens. The support for local producers and seasonal dishes here is obsessive - and with good reason. The restaurants are popular and The Good Food Guide 2014 describes Combe House as a 'seductive hotel with seriously good dining'. Hadleigh Barrett and Stuart Brown, Master Chefs of Great Britain, are responsible for a changing menu packed with interesting meat and fish options, from scallops with creamy tarragon gnocchi to seared duck breast with braised red cabbage. The cellar is what you'd expect from a grand old country house - but all wines are chosen less to impress than serve the season, mood or nature of their dishes. Eat in one of two spacious dining rooms with traditional fire places. Admire the murals, relish the atmosphere, enjoy the flavours from mercifully well-spaced tables. You'll always receive a warm welcome - it's best to book ahead for lunch and dinner. Genuine hospitality is always on the menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Combe House Devon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Combe House Devon Hotel Gittisham
- Combe Hotel Exeter
- Combe Hotel Devon
- Combe House Devon Gittisham