“Great family holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Devon Cliffs Holiday Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Exmouth
Devon Cliffs Holiday Park
5.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   Sandy Bay, Exmouth EX8 5BT, England   |
Hotel deals
“Great family holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

When we first got here we were staying in a 10ft wide caravan which was just awlful, it was so small and dingy that I almost cried. I walked straight out to complain! The lady at reception was rude and basically told us she would give us a refund and we could leave! Not the answer we wanted to hear when we had driven 4hrs and been excited for wks about coming here! Anyway, I asked for the manager, who was really helpful and fit (lol). He upgraded us for free because he could see I was genuinely upset. The new caravan was beautiful, bigger, more stylish and had its own balcony. From then on the holiday was super. We were lucky enough to have good weather too so enjoyed the outdoor pool and beach. The indoor pool had a few slides and also a Millie's cookies yum yum. The camp had a lot of things going on and the kids didn't want to leave. I would recommend this camp to anyone. So much fun and the beach is just a walk down the hill. Would stress that there are a lot of hills on site. 5* camp we are hoping to return again this year;-) ps. Prices are a bit ott but I think most parks are like that!

• Stayed July 2013
Devon C, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Hi Jennymcabe,

Thank you for your review regarding you stay here at Devon Cliffs last July. We are sorry to hear your holiday didnt get off to the best of starts, and that once you spoke with the Manager your issues were resolved and you had a great stay.

Its definately worth looking into what caravan will suit you best when planning your stay as from you own experience you have found 10ft wide caravans to not be adequate enough. We offer a wide range of caravans, and if the caravan you were upgraded too met your requirements then it maybe in future this is the grade you need to book. Generally caravans that come with balconies are Platinum grades, and on any future booking enquiries we will be more than happy to advice you in the best possible way.

We hope that you will return to Devon Cliffs in the near future.

1,195 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Kildare, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

my family of six went to Devon cliffs for the first time in july 2013 we stayed in damson green 19 and it was so delightfull and friendly that we've already booked a caravan for this year!

the staff were so friendly and helpful and the surroundings were perfect for the most relaxing enjoyable holiday we've had.

we found the park to be very clean so it was a pleasure to take strolls around the park every day. And with the beach, pools, and arcades so close we never ran out of things to do.

best holiday experience we've ever had, we can't wait for july 2014!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HI Leona-140,

We were delighted to read your review regarding your visit here in 2013, and even more excited to hear you have a return booking for this year!

Its great to hear you and your family had a lovely time, and everything from your accommodation to the facilities met your expectations.

We cant wait to welcome you back!

Willenhall, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I had heard a lot of good reviews about this place and they was ll right.
Loved every minute of it, but it is expensive to eat on site we took our own food which helped bring the cost down.
The entertainmanet wasnt the best but was ok

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Devon C, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Hi ZoeWallsall,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at Devon Cliffs back in 2012. We are really pleased you enjoyed the park and the facilities.

Lots of improvements were made for the 2013 season, and more are underway again for 2014!

We hope that you will be able to come and visit us again this year and once again enjoy all the park has to offer.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Had a very nice holiday here.
Facilities are very good.
Everything was as clean as can be (people moaning about the odd bit of rust.... its the sea air!!)

I'm a bit picky where I stay and I honestly would have no problem going back here.

1 little thing they could sort out is the wireless facilities onsite, in the main building it's perfect, but down in the caravans it's terrible (I do understand this would be a major task... but signal repeaters aren't that dear anymore, surely the vans could be kitted out?? )

The cafe/restaurant on the sea front is fantastic!
It's a bit more pricey than the mash and barrel pub/bar in the main building BUT it's worth every penny, we ate there nearly every day, try the muscles, they are fantastic!

The farm/kid zone type place next to the site is a fantastic day out, It doesn't look much from the outside but give it a go, the kids loved it (and the adults!).

The entertainers work very hard and entertain the kids well.

Tesco's is a 5min drive down the road.

Not much more to say other than I'd happily go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Devon C, Manager at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Stuart M

Thank you for your review regarding your holiday at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park.

I am so pleased you found all the facilities and activities you needed to have a great holiday. I was also glad you enjoyed the South Beach Cafe, with the bounty of Devon at your fingertips and the beautiful views, it really is a great place to end the evening.

I have also passed on your comments regarding the WiFi, 2013 was the first year of installment & we are looking to improve this for 2014.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Yeovil, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My family and I have been coming to the same holiday park for just over 40 years now (Devon Cliffs). We have never had a bad stay... I would recommend it to anyone as the food is lovely, the staff are excellent and the whole park is really fun. My stepdad is 6ft 4 and he had tots of room in our presiThere are bungee jumps, crazy golf, football, archery and loads more!! The pools excellent as well. You have lots of different eating choices too, either the mash and barrel (very good), papa johns (very good), burger king (usually don't like burger king but love this) and fish and chips (very good). My daughter and I went to the spa for a day. Firstly I had the hot stone massage which was to die for, then we went into the bubbly pool and the rooms that take all the toxins out of your body, that was lush (if you were to do it don't do I on a rainy day as there are sunbathing beds outside on the balcony to top up your tan.
Then my daughter had the hand massage and nail art, for £20 it was amazing, the detail on her nails from the stylist was amazing. I think if anyone was to say its bad then they are SNOBBS! I like high standard things and if I didn't like it I would say but there's nothing there to like.

Room Tip: Order a prestige! I did and wasn't disappointed!! x
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hi Ellie M,

Thank you for your lovely review regarding your visit to Devon Cliffs. We appreciate you sharing with everyone your good experiences.

We have done lots more to improve the park for 2014 so hope you and your family will join us for a break this year.

We love the hot stones too, definately an experience out of this world!

We look forward to welcoming you back here sometime during the 2014 season!

Stroud, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We visited Devon Cliffs August 2013 with our 6 year old daughter, not a place we would visit again. Taking out daughter to the amusements one evening a man was openly urinating in the car park near the main shop, we made a about turn and took a different route. The site Maintenance seem to spend most of the time dragging large caravans around the site with noisy trackers we were woken several morning at 07:30 by a tractor inches away from out caravan and general workmen setting up caravans. Sorry Haven awful service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear trebor122014

Thank you for your review about your holiday at Devon Cliffs.

I am sorry you were unhappy with our caravan siting team, as an operational park, we are constantly trying to improve our grounds & facilities, and although a necessary practice I am sorry that this impacted on your holiday.

In regards to the incident on the car park, I can assure you, that this behaviour is not acceptable and I trust that had this been reported the team would have dealt with it accordingly.

Once again thank you for your review, and if you do decide to join us in the future please let the team at the Park know of your reference number and they will personally oversee your booking.

Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

The location is amazing but what puts this Haven above the others is the facilities. Personally the best Haven location is Riviere Sands in St. Ives in Cornwall but that has no facilities at all! Devon Cliffs has the second best location and views but has the best facilities of them all, with best pool of all the Havens and multiple places to eat including a large Mash & Barrel that holds a Curry Night, Tex/Mex Night Sunday Roast Night. As well as a lovely beach view restaurant with great food including that day caught fresh fish and great specials. It has medium sized amusements but you shouldn't really hanging around them with so much to do.

The Caravans (we stayed in the Class 2 down from top) and it was very nice with a good sized caravan and great view but we were the furthest away from the main centre so there was a bit of a walk to the main centre as well as beach in the other direction, also the landscape is very hilly so the walk to and from the caravan can be a task for those with sticks/wheelchairs - really if you have trouble walking make sure you get a disabled caravan or one nearer the centre

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jack_Da_Lad19

Thank you for your recent review about your stay at Devon Cliffs Holiday Park.

It's great to hear that you feel we have all the facilities and activities needed to enjoy a fun filled holiday. I am also pleased that you found the caravan had everything you required. Our holiday park is very hilly due to our location and, if requested, we try and allocate caravans accordingly, however this is something we do not guarantee.

Once again thank you for your feedback and again I am so happy that you and your family had a fantastic time. We look forward to welcoming you back at Devon Cliffs again soon.

The Devon Cliffs Trip Advisor Team

Been to Devon Cliffs Holiday Park? Share your experiences!