“Beautiful freshly cooked food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
“Beautiful freshly cooked food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Wonderful food, but you have to get some cash out at Tesco's Express around the corner because they don't take cards.

• Visited July 2014

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Lovely meal, beautifully cooked. Try the John Dory fish, just perfect! Very clean and great staff...

• Visited July 2014
Exmouth, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant in Exmouth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

No other restaurant comes close to The Chronicle when it comes to fantastic food, locally sourced and friendly attentive but not intrusive service.
I went for dinner with my partner and both of us thoroughly enjoyed our food, savouring every mouthful. We started with the cheese creme brûlée, followed by surf and turf ( lobster and fillet steak) it was delicious and cooked to perfection, the other main was the duck which by the look on my partners face and the lack of a morsel left he enjoyed thoroughly. Unfortunately I resisted dessert but did finish with a coffee. Restaurants underestimate the importance of a good coffee and many fail to deliver on this, The Chronicle does not fall into that category I had a great coffee which finished our meal perfectly. I can't wait to return,

Mortehoe, Woolacombe
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I have been here 3 times now and thoroughly enjoyed every occasion. The owner is very attentive, polite and knowledgeable. He and his wife will tailor make any dish on the menu to suit dietary needs. We witnessed another guest with dietary restrictions, the chef came to the table and they discussed exactly what she could have and how the chef could make that into the best meal possible. I was incredibly impressed.
The food is excellent, the decor beautiful and calming (I love the blue!). Everything about each visit has been a wonderful experience. I thoroughly recommend this place - enjoy!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Exmouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and atmosphere - if a bit baby blue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Don't be put off by the colour scheme - I had been several times, but during the Exmouth festival when the place I had planned to go was full I gave The Chronicle a try, and I didn't regret it. I have now been back twice!
The menu offers a good range - nothing out of the ordinary really but a good mix of meat/fish and veggie options. All good quality ingrdients, well cooked and tasty - if you want to mix side choices around a bit that's fine too. The chef is Irish so hearty potions!
The staff are very efficent and knowledgeable about the menu - both the manager and the younger waitress. I particularly liked the fact we were brought a jug of water immediately without the need to ask. The bread is a high point (not because the rest of the food wasn't - it is just a bit special).
Highly recommend paying the place a visit. - Good food, service and value.

• Visited June 2014