“Probably the friendliest hotel I've ever stayed in!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fernside Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Exmouth
Fernside Hotel
You added Fernside Hotel to your Saves list
1 Dagmar Road, Exmouth EX8 2AN, England   |
Ranked #4 of 25 Exmouth B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Probably the friendliest hotel I've ever stayed in!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I travel as part of my job as a professional speaker ( http;//leejackson.org ) and was booked into this hotel by a client. I had a nightmare journey form Leeds to get there that took 8 hours!

So, I arrived at the station exhausted and rang them saying "where are you?"

Giles the owner said "wait there I'll come and pick you up!" and he did - brilliant! He got me from the station and then offered me a lovely meal of chicken pasta and a welcome cold beer too!

My room was small, yes, but it was very clean and very reasonably pried with a lovely breakfast the next day!

Will stay there again definitely :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Have stayed at Fernside a few times now and been very impressed both times. The staff are all friendly and welcoming, the home-cooked food is delicious, the rooms are all large, clean and comfortable and it's in a lovely location. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Musselburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

The Fernside Hotel was lovely. Bedrooms well equipped, clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated. Staff were very helpful and welcoming. Food was lovely and good value for money. 5mins walk to the seaside and town centre/train station, 10 mins in taxi to Commando Training Centre (Lympstone) and approx 20mins to Airport. The hotel was quiet and had a lovely garden area. Would recommend to friends and family. I stayed there at the end of April 2012 with family, ages from 23 to 82yrs! and all enjoyed their stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We booked over the telephone and everyone was very helpful, we arrived late on the Saturday night after travelling down after work and were warmly welcomed and shown to our room. We stayed for 4 nights, made it to breakfast once and had a thoroughly enjoyable time despite the best attempts of the weather.

The breakfast that we did make it to was tasty and fresh, the was a wide range of cereals, juice and fresh fruit as well as the cooked option. Tea and coffee was supplied in the room which was comfortably furnished. The bathroom was clean too.

I have stayed in many hotels and this did nothing to dissapoint, I have stayed in hotels that have been rated 4* and I have to say that this was better, there might not have been 24 hour room service but the decor and rooms were nicer and staff far more friendly.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone who was looking for accomdation in Exmouth.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I visit family in Exmouth on a regular basis. I have stayed at many B&Bs and this is by far the best value and experience I have had in the area. Recommended for clean comfortable rooms and a good breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Edgware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We had two rooms, one for my elderly mother and one ourselves.
It was very clean and the rooms were a good size and the owners are very friendly.
breakfast was very nice and freshly cooked.
Overall a very pleasant stay and in a good location for beach/restaraunts etc.
Only minor criticism was that the window in mum's bathroom didn't close and made her room a bit chilly even with the heating on.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
savvy_traveller23, Manager at Fernside Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Thank you for the kind words and just to let you know we've had the bathroom window fixed so the room is now cosy and warm. We hope to see you again one day.
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

The Fernside Hotel exceeded my expectations in every aspect; I had a friendly greeting upon arrival and stayed in a very comfortable room with lovely views. The location couldn't be better - five minutes into town and five minutes to the sea. The Fernside is easy to get to from the train station as well. The food was wonderful; the breakfast was well-made and I especially enjoyed their curry dinner and would highly recommend it to anyone passing through (compliments to the chef!). I would come back to the Fernside in a heartbeat and hope to in the near future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Fernside Hotel? Share your experiences!