Visited on a sunny July day in search of the almost extinct High Brown Fritillary. Sat down to sample the excellent Miss Loosemoor ale in the suntrap before heading off in our walking boots upstream along the Heddon Valley where the said butterfly and many other types were in delightful abundance. Returned to the Inn after an hour or so to re-sample the ale and a very tasty light lunch whilst overlooking the quite splendid lawned garden area surrounded by majestic trees. After lunch we headed downstream through yet more buttterflies to a superb little rocky cove where the river met the sea. Hunters Inn makes a simply breathtaking base for exploring this outstandingly beautiful area...and the ale and food were a perfect match.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hunters Inn pub is blessed with the most magical setting, tucked at the bottom of the exquisitely beautiful Heddon Valley on Exmoor. The narrow road from the moor descends beneath a canopy of ancient trees. Sun-dappled leaves glitter and gleam. The river runs past the inn and a short walk takes you to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Hunters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hunters` Hotel Exmoor National Park
- The Hunters Inn Martinhoe, Devon