“Small but good” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 16 Combe Martin B&B and Inns
Monmouth, United Kingdom
“Small but good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We have just spent two nights at La-Gallerie Combe Martin and would recommend this B & B to anyone. The rooms are very well decorated and although two of the three rooms overlook the road there is hardly any traffic noise. Breakfast is terrible, (if you are trying to watch your weight) the choice is far greater than I would expect in a three star hotel. If you want to be looked after, this is the place to go.
The only negative I can think of, is the walk down to the beach.

Room Tip: Room 1 is the largest
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife and I stayed for one night breaking up a journey back from Cornwall and were warmly welcomed by the owners (and their two dogs are adorable). We were in room 3, compact but well appointed with a wet room and comfortable bed. We enjoyed our stay, taking the chance to wander round Ilfracombe in the evening, before being treated to a lovely breakfast in the morning (we went for the full English option but Tracey is really keen for people to try out something different). Parking round the back is a bit tight but if you don't mind a bit of a gradient it is fine. We had a lovely evening meal at the George and Dragon, down the road from La Gallerie.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Olney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

A really lovely B&B. Stayed in Room One which is a reasonable size with a nice wet room (great shower!). Well furnished with one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in.

Breakfast was a real treat with full English, fresh fruit, cereals, yogurts, pancakes and more offered.

Owners very friendly and attentive.

This place is about a 20 minute stroll from the small harbour but well worth it for the quality. About 5 minutes to the nearest pub (George & Dragon) which does excellent food.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

stayed here for one night before a trip to Lundy. Owners very friendly and breakfast was super.
very small room - but it was all that was left when we booked so it was all a bit cramped. Parking is a problem here - I did not want to leave my car here, even after I had negotiated the one in three gradient slope to get to it. For the price paid I would recommend for one night but you couldn't stay in the room (number three) for longer than that. So if you can get a different room then do so.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

My wife and I arrived at La Gallerie, Victoria Street, Combe Martin at 1600 hours on Thursday 12th June 2014. We were revisiting all the places were we holidayed when our children were small. Tracey gave us a very warm welcome and showed us to our room which was located on the first floor overlooking Victoria Street. I had concerns about sleeping next to the main road and I expressed this to our host. She assured me that no traffic ventures in or out of Combe Martin after 2300 hours, and she was correct. The room was outstanding, John, Tracey's husband is a dry liner by occupation, and had obviously spent a great deal of time renovating this 16th century building which had been everything from a fish & chip restaurant to an art gallery. The north facing wall in the bedroom had been stripped down to the original pebble type brickwork (similar to wattle & daub) the wall which had been varnished. It was highlighted with discreetly placed LED lights, giving an absolutely fantastic effect. The room was spacious and delightfully furnished. The en-suite was a wet room which I loved and didn't want to come out of!! Breakfast was wonderful with a varied menu, which is unusual these days in guest houses we frequent. I had the full English breakfast on the two mornings we stayed at La Gallerie and it was first class. We visited two establishments in Combe Martin at the recommendation of our host for our evening meals and both were first class. To conclude La Gallerie is an excellent guest house, there are a number of features which make this establishment 5 star, but for me it was the thickness of the hall carpet which when walked upon triggered discreetly placed LED lights which illuminated the entrance and hallway. Tracey was a splendid host who looked after us exceptionally well. I thoroughly recommend this guest house to future travellers as being comfortable and excellent value for money.

Room Tip: All three rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My wife and i visited la Gallerie for my birthday . The rooms Were tastefully furnished , very clean and comfortable . The owners are very hospitable and the breakfasts are lovely and very filling . i would recommend this B + B to anyone visiting the area AAAA******

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

My sister and I have just returned from our weekend staying at our old home - la Gallerie (formerly El Toro Restaurant.) It was an emotional trip and I even stayed in my old bedroom!! Downstairs little change but upstairs unrecognisable due to all the renovations. Tracey & John were so welcoming and easy to 5 talk to. We shared our history of our memories of growing up in Combe Martin.
They have made La Gallerie a lovely B & B, beautiful rooms with lovely comfy beds and ensuite facilities.
Absolutely scrumptious breakfast - sets you up for the day!
You must go and have a stay...... you won't be disappointed!
Personally I'm grateful they are I business otherwise I would never have been able to have stayed in my old family home again - happy memories.
GOOD LUCK for the future Tracey & John!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to La-Gallerie Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!