“Great rooms, great breakfast & great welcome - deserves its 100% record to date” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La-Gallerie Bed and Breakfast

You added La-Gallerie Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
La-Gallerie Bed and Breakfast
Victoria St, Combe Martin, Exmoor National Park EX34 0JT, England   |
Ranked #1 of 16 Combe Martin B&B and Inns
Sutton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

John & Tracey fully deserves their 100% record to date on Tripadvisor reviews. They have only been in operation since last summer and had fully refurbished the entire place themselves - with imagination & style. Our spacious room ( room 1 I think) was artistically decorated with spacious wet room to match).

You will love breakfast, and not just the food quality!
John & Tracey really give a warm welcome and nothing is too much trouble for them. Being a small b&b adds to the cosy family atmosphere, but as they have only a few rooms suggest you book early if you can. Go to their website!

....Just wish they could have laid on better weather during our visit ;)

Room Tip: chatting to other guests all the rooms are nice!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Wallington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I had walked from Lynton and I reached quite late and Tracey was so helpful in suggesting somewhere to eat which I had a lovely meal. Tracey was so helpful in the morning as I decide to have a day off as I was carrying my backpack. The breakfast was so generous and I enjoyed the conversation and friendliness as the walking had affected me in terms of tiredness. I had also mislaid my phone when I was walking and Tracey brought the phone to my next stay. I was struck by the kindness and the room was lovely. Overall it was a stay that was so heartening. I would recommend this bed and breakfast accommodation wholeheartedly.

Room Tip: Not applicable.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Westcliff-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had a really comfortable stay, at La Gallerie. Tracey was so attentive and made us feel so at home, there.
The house was so quirky and full of character. It was tastfully decorated with the flair of a designer!. The area was pretty and wherever we went the scenery was beautiful.
If we go back that way, and need another stay, in that area it will definitely be La Gallerie. It rated amongst the best we have stayed in.
Tracey was was informative, with details of the area.
The price was really reasonable, too.
I think that I would recommend this place to anyone, who is in this area whether it be for pleasure, or business.
Thanks Tracey and John.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Southampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We had a great night here. We were given a free upgrade to the largest room and made very welcome. The breakfast was excellent with lovely fresh fruit, my husband had the traditional cooked breakfast and I chose the lemon pancakes which I thoroughly enjoyed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We booked this for 3 nights as we wanted to spend time in Devon then Cornwall. The car park is at the rear of the property and after parking up was given a warm friendly welcome and shown inside. The room was gorgeous from the wallpaper to the bedding with lovely accessories and a very modern en suite. The whole house has the WOW factor with beautiful decor and is spotlessly clean. Breakfast was also great and had a varied choice. There are lots of places to visit that aren't to far away by car. Our favourite place is Woolacombe with its fantastic beach. We visited the local pubs at night and can recommend the food at The George. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 3. We asked to view the other 2 rooms at the end of our stay so that we knew which...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Delightful B&B - spotless, faultless and with friendly owners. I stayed alone and felt thoroughly adopted - if you're the 'keep myself to myself' type you might be overwhelmed by suddenly feeling part of the family. I have a feeling that these people are new to running a B&B and that La Gallerie gains massively as a result of their inspired enthusiasm for how they feel it should be done. My standard room had an en suite wet room that made me feel at home, a decent sized flat screen TV and enough tea/coffee/milk supplies for a large family with a full variety of tea preferences. Top marks at every turn and breakfast was superb. Thanks for making me feel 'at home' in your home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

La-Gallerie was our last stop on a long weekend trip across Devon.By far the best.Very friendly hosts that went out of their way to make us feel comfortable.The King size room we stayed in was spotless and have a 17th century feel to it with the beamed ceiling and stone wall.The wet room was very modern and perfect for a fairly big fellow.We had a lovely selection of breakfasts. The egg bread with strawberry and cream was delicious. Two lovely pubs and the beach not far away either.Hiking trails allow for some stunning scenery.We wished to stay longer,but instead opted for a much longer stay at a later date.Thank you John and Tracey.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La-Gallerie Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!