“coastal pathing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blair Lodge

Blair Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Combe Martin
Blair Lodge
You added Blair Lodge to your Saves list
Moory Meadow, Combe Martin, Exmoor National Park EX34 0DG, England   |
Ranked #2 of 16 Combe Martin B&B and Inns
Swanage, United Kingdom
“coastal pathing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

my friend and I stayed for 1 night on our SW coastal path jaunt. From when I had first made contact about rooms I felt very cared about as a potenital client. Nick and Rachel were incredibly helpful about all sorts of practicalities. We ate in as too tired to go and find somewhere to eat and the food was great, intersting varied menu and generous portions.
Bed room fine -only niggle was the tempremental shower.
Breakfast was good - a wide choice of things too.
I would definately stay again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Rachel and Nick are great welcoming friendly hosts, First visit here but welcomed like old friend with afternoon tea and chocolate cake!!. Due to other commitments only stayed one night. They were100% full and many others were regular guest who have been there many times – that shows the quality of the hosts and what they offer. This ‘only’ a B & B but more like a 3 star hotel.

Spotlessly clean & comfortable rooms, nice fresh towels complete with face flannels. Rachel is a great cook providing excellent value high quality evening meals and breakfast. Only 50 yards to the beach and the small town but benefits from being off the main road, so quiet (expect for the thunder and lightening) with adequate parking for guests.

I am a bad sleeper and it is a long since I slept in a 4ft 6” bed - when we are next in the area we will definitely return – hopefully for more than one night and in a 5ft bed!! Maybe need to book early and not at short notice

Room Tip: Book early to avoid dissapointment
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have just returned from my second stay at Blair Lodge. Rachel and Nick are great. they make everyone welcome and nothing is too much trouble for them. The rooms are comfortable, well maintained and with everything you would need. The location of the guest house is perfect and allows you to enjoy the village of Combe Martin. It's no surprise to me that Rachel and Nick have so many returning guests. I hope that I will be able to go back one day aswell. but as your other reviewers say, it may be hard to get a room!
Gill

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Swinton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Just spent 2 nights with Rachel and Nick and highly recommend Blair Lodge. Friendly hosts, clean & comfortable rooms, plus Rachel is a great cook, good value evening meals. Blair Lodge is close to the beach and town, but benefits from being off the main road, so quiet with parking spaces. Very handy for coastal path. We enjoyed our stay and plan to return.

Room Tip: Some rooms have sea views.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Denstone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We arrived at Blair Lodge after a rather hard walk from Lynmouth both tired and weary - Rachel gave us tea and delicious cake in the lounge - both Nick and Rachel are very helpful and very good hosts - the hotel is very clean and very comfortable - we met a delightful couple who holiday every year at Blair Lodge and have done s for some time - that says it all - excellent.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I'm very apprehensive about writing this review because if I tell the truth so many people will want to stay there that we probably won't be able to book again. Therefore I feel that I must suitably moderate my comments, so here goes;-
Rachel and Nick are fantastic hosts. They are welcoming, helpful and full of information regarding places to visit etc. Absolutely nothing is too much trouble.
Rachel's evening meals are to die for !. To stay there without sampling her excellent cooking is to miss a real treat. The breakfasts are delicious, with a good choice of dishes including an excellent full English.
The way that they care for their guests is outstanding, for example, my wife has mobility problems so Nick fixed a safety-grip handle to the wall of the shower, I am on a minimum dairy diet so Rachel took pains to ensure that meals were prepared accordingly (soya milk etc).
The hotel is clean, comfortable and definitely great value
This is our third stay at Blair Lodge and it certainly won't be our last ( if we can still manage to book !)..

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I had a lovely stay at Blair Lodge. The b&b was nicely decorated, very clean and great value. Rachel and Nick were fantastic hosts and did a great job of catering for my friends vegan diet and were supportive of her charity walk. I would highly recommend the evening meal which was delicious. I enjoyed everything about my stay at Blair Lodge.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Blair Lodge? Share your experiences!