Arrived in dark so didn't fully appreciate the stunning location until the morning.
Catherine and Sarah are fantastic hosts and incredibly friendly and efficient. Lovely bar serving really well kept beer and we couldn't fault our meal it was superb.
We booked the small double at the front of pub and I can't see what peoples problems are with this room. It is small, their website says it is, so why the surprise when you get there. You don't have to jump over your case to get to the bathroom, you can put it on top of wardrobe or on floor of wardrobe, it really isn't a problem!!
The room was sparklingly clean, with a decent sized equally clean en-suite, with all the tea/coffee facilities you could want. Very reasonably priced when you also get a fantastic breakfast included in the price.
Do make the effort to walk along the river if you can, it is spectacular to say the least.
We will definitely be staying here again without a doubt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional 17th-century country inn set in the picturesque Brendon Valley deep in the heart of Exmoor National Park in Devon. Popular with farmers and ramblers alike, this riverside pub overlooks waterfalls and wooded gorges in a remote and isolated spot. We provide simple accommodation, good food, real ales served direct from the cask, log fires and permits to fish for salmon & trout in the East Lyn River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Rockford Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rockford Hotel Brendon
- The Rockford Inn Brendon, England