“Welcome,to what.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Welcome Family Holiday Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dawlish
Welcome Family Holiday Park
4.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   Dawlish Warren Road, Dawlish EX7 0PH, England   |
nuneaton
“Welcome,to what.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Just had a week at Welcome Holiday Park.Never again,another few hundred pounds could have gone to Corfu.4 of us shared a 8 berth caravan,£800.Over priced & over rated.OK, this was our first stay in a caravan for about 25 years,been spoiledI think.The cost to eat out locally was very expensive compared with abroad.The beaches were clean, but not as good as in the Med.The travelling time was tiring,the same time I could have on a Greek island.( Thats next ).I'm sorry to say I shall have no more holidays in the UK. Rip off Brittain,YES.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Welcome-Family-Park, Guest Relations Manager at Welcome Family Holiday Park, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
We realise we aren’t going to suit everybody’s taste so it seems that the holiday park experience just isn’t for you - unlike the 75% of guests who keep on returning.

Over rated, really? We have recently had the Quality in Tourism annual assessment carried out and we are very pleased to learn we will be retaining our 4 star rating under the Visit England Holiday Park Scheme.

Enjoy Corfu, it seems you have made your mind up that nothing else, no matter how good, will do …

322 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Haslingden, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The park itself is excellent ideal for a family break with good size accommodation and superb facilities. The park itself is great for families with a play area, pools, crazy golf, sports court and amusement arcade. The accommodation we had was a wave surfer bungalow and it was lovely really good size well equipped and spotless. In front was a lovely car free area as was with many accommodations and lots of green space for children to play and interact.

The staff and entertainments team were excellent I must say the entertainment was 1st class with the children having there own little disco and club and suitable intervals. The club itself was basic but good size with lots of room and the nest thing I thought was the amusements and glow shop selling points were set aside not there for all to see so the children cant want all the time really good set up I thought.

The park is 10 minutes walk to the beach and there are a few little rides and attractions for the children which are reasonably priced. We also got the train from here to Torquay and for the 3 of us it was only £14 return and this saved us a fortune on petrol and parking a real nice view as well riding along the coast and quicker than travelling by car as well.

All in all the park, facilities and location spot on and I would highly recommend this to any age. A lot cheaper than the leading resorts and every opportunity of something to be sold did not happen which I thought was lovely a real family British holiday like it used to be and will be going again next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Welcome-Family-Park, Guest Relations Manager at Welcome Family Holiday Park, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
It sounds like you had a great family holiday and made the most of all the facilities on offer – and why not? It’s all included in the price, after all!

We would very much appreciate your recommendation to your other friends and family so we hope to see you all next year!
LONDON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We have just returned from a lovely stay at the Welcome family holiday park, the park was kept spotless the entertainment was excellent, by far better than other parks that we have visited, my children ages 2 +7 had a fantastic time and can't wait to return, the singers were first class.
Our mobile home a sunrise was a bit older and not quite as spotless as we have had in the past ( but after reading some previous reviews I was relieved as I thought it would be a lot worse) we were on the whole very happy with the home especially with the little extras that we didn't expect like a toilet roll in the bathroom, liners in the bins and sponges in the kitchen and the welcome tea + coffee tray on arrival.having to make up the beds was a little bit of a pain but not a problem really. the only thing I would have liked was net curtains at the windows for privacy.(my only complaint would be that the hot water from the taps was dangerously hot I was really worried for my children, the shower was fine however and I did ask if anything could be done but nothing was done to turn the heat down.) The trains ran quite close to our home( no 482) but they didn't bother us and my little one loved seeing them go by, we were in a perfect location 1-2 mins walk from the entertainment and pool but far enough not to hear any noise.
The swimming pools were lovely and kept really clean and this being a smaller park I found it very friendly and you got to know many of the other guests.
We would love to return and just hope for better weather next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a home away from the train line
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We’re really pleased you chose Welcome Family for your well earned holiday and even more pleased you felt we were the right choice for you and your family.

We’re sorry we didn’t quite meet our usual high standards of cleaning – we hope you mentioned this to Reception.

We fitted net curtains in some of our holiday homes, based on their location and outlook. If you required more privacy, it may have been worth letting us know of your concern. It’s not always possible, but we will certainly try our very best to help you feel more comfortable.

We’re surprised you hear your comments about the hot water. Normally, this is very easily resolved by adjusting the temperature - often changed by previous guests.

We hope you return soon … unfortunately we can’t guarantee the sunshine, but we can promise to pull out all the stops to make your stay relaxed, happy and comfortable!
Yeovil, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

July 2012 had great entertainment and atmosphere, the people were friendly with very few feral, boorish types which was the ideal environment in which to enjoy a family holiday.
However, 2013 lost all of this in our opinion. The shows were appalling, the 'music' resembled something even the 'X Factor' type TV trash ( which Welcome painfully pandered to this season ) might issue an apology for showing and the usual Butlins-style insult of picking up your own bedding and making the beds yourselves on arrival still applies. That is appalling customer care when you have travelled several hours and forked out a grand for on the promise of a relaxed, family-friendly week. It is clear this and other feedback from 2012 has been totally ignored which is why we will not be coming back again and would not recommend you to others. And why on earth was the swimming pool closed on several occasions due to 'overcrowding'? Us and other people were turned away without any apology or explanation and children were unhappy. Simply not good enough at any price, never mind £1000. Those pools are inadequate in size to cater for the demand in proportion to the number of caravans and lodges crammed into the site. You wont be having our custom next year, I'm afraid.

Room Tip: Take your considerable outlay elsewhere.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Welcome-Family-Park, Guest Relations Manager at Welcome Family Holiday Park, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
We’re sorry you didn’t enjoy the entertainment but we will always go with the majority vote – when this changes, so will we.

As for making the beds – it’s just not that simple. Our Housekeeping costs would soar, meaning we would have to pass these additional costs onto our guests. Providing this service would also have a serious impact on how quickly our guests can check in. Although the official check in time is 4.00pm, we go to huge efforts to get holiday homes ready as early as possible. By the way, some parks charge extra for bed linen – we don’t, it’s all included in the price.

To say we have totally ignored feedback is unfair – after carrying out a survey last year, the majority of our guests agreed that they would prefer to make the beds themselves so we can keep the costs down and give everybody a fair chance of getting into their accommodation earlier, where possible.

The booklet we give to each guest on arrival clearly states that we may introduce temporary swim sessions. This only operates during exceptionally busy periods. Not only is this the fairess way, it is also the safest.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

When we arrived at reception the staff were very helpful and handed us our keys and then told me to line up at the hatch for linen. I was then handed a huge pile of sheets and duvet covers for the 5 of us. So after a 5 hour drive we had to go to our lodge and spend the next half hour sorting our beds out. I don't see why beds cannot be made up beforehand by the housekeeping staff. We were staying in a Casamigo lodge which was very nice but what the site literature failed to mention was that the Plymouth to Exmouth railway line runs the length of the park and the railway bank was about 20 metres from my bedroom window. I was woken every morning by the 5.45am train. So bad in the end that I had to go and buy earplugs. The whole lodge shook every time a train went past.

The kids went swimming a few times and I only went the once. When I was there the floor was filthy and it was also pretty dirty on the occasions I went to pick the kids up. I appreciate that its a busy pool but it would benefit from more regular cleaning.

I have to say that the entertainment was of a high standard but why does it start so late?? My 11 year old really looked forward to the shows but with a start time of 10.15-10.30 he got bored waiting and just wanted to spend time (and my money) in the arcade.

All in all the park is in a good location (except the railway line!) and Devon is beautiful but I don't think we will be returning to Welcome.

Room Tip: Away from the railway line!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We have given a full explanation to the reviewer above on why we don’t offer a bed making service – once you have read this, we hope you will agree with our reasons.

We’re sorry you were disturbed by the train service. Trainspotters won’t be pleased to hear we have now removed the caravans closest to the railway line from our hire fleet, after taking the majority vote over the last year or so.

We close the pool complex daily for one hour so our housekeeping team can clean. Pool staff keep an eye on this during the opening times and clean when necessary, however during exceptionally busy periods it can be difficult as they are keeping a watchful eye over swimmers. Please always mention this to a member of the pool staff so we can attend to it immediately.

Entertainment - as well as the main show later in the evening we have introduced some earlier shows just for the children in case they are too tired (or bored!) to stay up for the later shows.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

This is my first stay, as an adult, and a mum to a 5 year old, to a holiday park and I am extremely happy I went.
My weeks say was in a Casamigo style chalet - 3 bedrooms, 1ensuite, large bathroom with shower, heated towel rails, well equipped kitchen, separate dining area and a large lounge. The outside had a good size veranda, surrounded by well maintained gardens.

The daily entertainment kept my little on and her cousin amused and thoroughly entertained. The evening entertainment, support by Mark Price and his very professional, yet human team ( by that, I mean, they weren't afraid to laugh at themselves). Every night, the children were occupied at t Jolly Roger Club, by the very funny Matthew, whilst the adults played Bingo, with generous cash prizes.

The Warren itself is just a short stroll away, with outdated amusements.

My daughter wants to go back right now, I can see why she does, but we'll wait til maybe next year.

Thank you Mark Price for keeping me and my family entertained.

• Stayed July 2013
Well, we believe Happy Kids = Happy Parents - that’s our aim so you can sit back, relax and have fun, and it would seem that’s exactly what you did!

We would love you to return next year - we will be releasing the 2014 tariff very soon so keep an eye out on our website!

Tell your daughter Myrtle says “Hi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Been going to the welcome for the last 21 years and atthe age of 22 i still love it.

cant wait to go again.
Entertainment was brilliant Mark price keeps getting the best out of them year after year, Room was spotless

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
21 years – WOW! It’s great to hear you have grown up as part of our Welcome Family and we’re so pleased we are still able to offer you and your family a memorable holiday, year after year … see you soon!

Been to Welcome Family Holiday Park? Share your experiences!