I would not advise anyone to stay at the 'Golden Sands park' until it has had a major overal , the site is certainly not want i expected from reading the brochure - the site has a very 'run down feel' and the chalets look like (without being rude to old people) 'run down' old peoples accommodation or a 50's 'HI-DE-HI' episode - it was depressing .
Although the standard of the Caravan was in general, very good, the position and outside amenities were not. Despite the ‘Gold plus’ label our caravan had – we were certainly disappointed by both the view and position on the site.
Other issues :-
1. We were surprised that the site do not offer or supply any outside furniture on which to sit out to either enjoy the sun, have a meal or barbecue.
2. Out of two windows we had a view of three Gas storage containers – a little disconcerting at the proximity (appox 8 meters). At the very least these should have been hidden from view by a screen of some sort - we noticed another 3 of these Gas containers in another part of the pack - again very close to several caravans.
3. Part of the site is situated next to (or rather backed up against) a very visable (and at times noisy) industrial complex.
4. Our Caravan was labelled as ‘Gold Plus’, which is advertised as having heating in the bedrooms (page 13 in 2009 brochure) – ours did not – when we questioned this fact we were offered portable heaters – which were , disappointingly never supplied. Therefore, the only difference between our gold plus 2 and a silver plus 2 was a DVD player and £105!
Although the brochure highlighted the fact that the site was a ‘new Park’ for 09 – it is plainly a very old site – and as it is advertised as a ‘family friendly’ site we were very disappointed in the general layout and amenities
1. The site has a general feel of being ‘old and tired’
2. There is no privacy at all between any of the caravans – I may have been ‘spoilt’ by the euro camp caravans/park sites I have previously stayed at, these sites tend to have a hedge or other screen between the caravans which offer a sense of privacy.
3. The amusement arcade did not open until 12 noon, closing again at 2pm not to reopen until 6pm.
The only plus point to our recent stay at this park was the area - would certainly recommend a visit to the Dawlish area - BUT NOT AT THIS PARK!!!
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sands Holiday Park Hotel
- Golden Sands Holiday Park Hotel Dawlish
- Golden Sands Holiday Park Dawlish, Devon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Sands has all the facilities you would expect from a top quality holiday park and the atmosphere is also very friendly. We have a reputation for providing some of the best holiday park entertainment around - and you can enjoy top class shows on most nights - all in the price! In fact that's one of the main reasons so many people come back year after year! ... more less