“A relaxing stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bowerland

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Okehampton
Bowerland
You added Bowerland to your Saves list
East Bowerland Farm | Sourton Down, Dartmoor National Park, Okehampton EX20 4LZ, England   |
Ranked #5 of 24 Okehampton B&B and Inns
Skipton, United Kingdom
“A relaxing stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have stayed at Bowerlands twice now and had a lovely relaxing stay both times. Both the Hayloft and The Old Dairy are clean,comfortable and well equipped.The Old Dairy leads out into the garden and The Hayloft is cosy, both are great.
Carole and Alan are very welcoming which adds to the pleasure of staying in this beautiful area and they told us of some lovely local walks, all set in stunning country side!
My friend and her dogs enjoyed various agility classes run by the lovely Lauren, as did I, though I was a spectator, I found it interesting and vowed to try some of the techniques on my Jack Russell when I got home!
I loved both my visits and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Bowerlands.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have stayed at Bowerlands several times now and have always had a fantastic time they are friendly, helpful and the training is outstanding. Having the use of an enclosed paddock to walk my dogs at anytime was a real bonus and the fact it led onto the bridlepath and woods another highlight! The accommodation provided everything I needed, including an enclosed area for the dogs, a cosy sitting room for me and the kitchen is well kitted out.

If you are looking for a holiday with your dogs that offers good walks and excellent training Bowerland Farm is perfect!

Room Tip: The Old Dairy has a lovely conservatory whih leads out to the garden
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
South England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I have had the real pleasure of staying at both of Bowerland's cottages and can honestly say that they are wonderful places to spend a relaxing week.
The facilities are cosy, clean and all the things you need are supplied with a real comfortable country feel to them.
The Old Dairy has the conservatory attached to it as well as a lovely garden, whilst the Hayloft has its own secure parking and gravelled area both of which are perfect for dogs.
The area around Bowerland is filled with some fabulous walks and lovely towns which makes for a mixture of relaxing and energetic activities.
I must mention the efforts that Carol and Alan go to, to make sure your stay is a truly pleasurable one; they are knowledgable of the area and flexible in ensuring the accommodation has what you need. The genuine warmth of their welcome shines through when you speak to them.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Smethwick, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

An overpriced 'cottage' that is actually the lower floor of a converted farm building, so you will hear everything that your neighbours above are doing. The cottage itself is nicely furnished, clean, pleasant and well-equipped and has a nice enclosed garden, great for dogs.
The farm offers 1-2-1 dog agility classes at £40 per hour with an expert trainer and handler, but this was very poor value for money - half the lesson was spent indoors and the practical side had not been planned and offered no new insights or indeed much actual practice. I got nothing from it. The shared classes are better, and were planned ans run well, though be aware these take place a 50-mile drive away. You have to pay for use of the agility equipment on site at £15 per hour, and also pay for logs for the burner if you use the initial allocation, something I have never encountered in many years of self-catering holidays.
The owner did make some financial amends I made it clear I was unhappy with what was offered, but I would be very wary of booking this if you are expecting an 'all-in' holiday as there are lots of extras you will need to budget for. Also, if you are not a doggy person you may be disturbed by some of the group classes and puppy camp type activities that go on next to the cottage, though this didn't really worry me as I had two dogs with me anyway.

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Bowerland? Share your experiences!