“Best hotel we have ever been too” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Chagford
Cuisines: European
Description: Set on the banks of the North Teign River in a magnificent estate of mature woodland and gardens, Gidleigh Park is surrounded by the wilds of Dartmoor. This small country house hotel boasts a two Michelin starred restaurant that is considered to be one of the finest in the country ��� The Sunday Times awarded Gidleigh Park Best Restaurant in its list of Top 100 British restaurants and the restaurant also won Most Excellent Restaurant at the Conde Nast Awards for Excellence 2011. Executive Chef Michael Caines and his team are renowned for creating innovative, modern European cuisine utilising the finest local and seasonal West Country produce and ingredients. Gidleigh Park Restaurant offers an a la carte menu, as well as a Tasting Menu (changes weekly), and a Classic Tasting Menu (seasonal). The wine cellar of more than 10,000 bottles has both great vintages from classic European and New World vintners as well as a growing range of biodynamic labels.
London
“Best hotel we have ever been too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We had the most amazing weekend ever in November of last year. My fiancée had chosen the hotel to propose to me and what an amazing place to have that memory! We will have to come back now every year.
The wine lovers weekend was worth every penny. Every time I hear someone mention Gidleigh it makes me smile!

• Visited November 2012

East Horsley, United Kingdom
“Champagne dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The Perrier Jouet dinner on our first night was superb. The matching of the food and Champagne was skilful and the individual attention of Michael Caines was appreciated.

Visited May 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Superb food and attention to detail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Best food we have ever tasted, and brilliant attention to detail. I am lactose intollerant, and I was overwhelmed when presented with my own menu, with 3 choices for each course on it, what a lovely change from the blank looks you usually get. The staff were very attentive and always knew who each meal was for. Beautiful and extremely comfortable surroundings.

• Visited April 2013
Lapworth, United Kingdom
“Never fails to impress”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was our third visit to Gidleigh Park. In brief:

* The best hotel in the UK
* The best food in the UK (at least that we have eaten)
* The best staff in the UK

Need we say more?

• Visited April 2013
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Simply Stunning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I went here to celebrate my 18th Birthday & thoroughly enjoyed every moment! Service was impeccable at all times, the location, décor & ambience were all magnificent and tranquil. The food was sublime and they catered well for both mine and my mother's food allergies. At the end of the meal I was even presented with a chocolate plaque reading "Happy Birthday". I can't wait until my next visit!

• Visited October 2012