“Welcome elevenses after a bracing walk” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Uplyme, United Kingdom
“Welcome elevenses after a bracing walk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We had a divine orange and almond cake with nice black coffee to warm up after a bracing (=drenching) walk on Dartmoor. The atmosphere was welcoming, the staff were friendly, and it was just what we needed.

The lunch menu looked interesting but we had to get home...

• Visited November 2013

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Absolutely average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Not expensive, average tapas. Small selection of average wine, i could only see one type of beer on the menu. totally average, un-inspiring food I really don't have anything else to say.

Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Really nice athmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I came across this little gem couple of days ago.I had an hour to spare while waiting for someone and as I had children with me and it was evening time,dark and raining and the village didn't have much to offer apart from pubs where I didn't want to take the kids,it was a godsend in the middle of Ashburton.When we walked in,we were made very welcome,the place had an amazing athmosphere,the staff were very friendly and proffessional,coffee and food was nice,in fact -with the lovely Spanish guitar music playing on the background,the candlelight and glass of wine I could have forgotten myself there for hours...
Will definitely go back if in the area again.
Wish the place all the best!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Devon, United Kingdom
“Great food and service and a pleasant ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife and I and two friends decided to book here after deciding we didn't really want 'pub' food' again [nothing against that, by the way!]. We both love Spanish food and also have enjoyed Moroccan cuisine so this restaurant, combining both, intrigued us. We weren't disappointed. The service was excellent - friendly and informed - and the food heavenly. My wife and I had fish with chicory and fennel which was really good and our friends had Lamb Tagine and said their's was great. We had a delicious Manzanilla Sherry as an aperitif, starters [four different kinds of tapas] the main meal, with wine [I had a soft drink because I was driving!], a pudding each and coffee to finish all for around £120. We all would very much recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
Plymouth
“Moorishly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Half way point for a meal with friends. Wasn't sure after looking at the menu, seemed a limited choice. But once there the specials board didn't dissappoint. We enjoyed the sherry with our startes which were a mixed tapas table. Followed by the trout, koftas and goat tagine. All washed down with a laughing duck (wine). We even managed pud! A hidden gem well worth a try.

• Visited September 2013