Our expectations were high having seen the reviews and photos on line but we were blown away by the service notably from Sian and Sorry missed his name but the other guy who insisted on taking our bags to our room
Whilst not the best for facilities - pools saunas et al - the Northcote more than makes up for it in character charm and luxury
We experienced the 6 course gourmet meal and experience it certainly was from the accompanying wines to the final course simply heaven and for us the highlight was the most perfectly cooked (no need to ask how you would like your steak cooked as there was only ONE way to have this) fillet of beef - the best steak I have ever tasted by a country mile!!!
The room was excellent - the breakfast as good as I have ever had - great views -wonderful setting and did I mention the service !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 3 AA red starts, 2 AA Rosettes, AA notable wine list and 'Devon Venue' in the Westcountry Wedding Awards. Northcote manor is a cherished Country House Hotel set in the foothills of Exmoor National Park, Enjoy sweeping views over the Taw Valley, sundowners on the sun terrace and cream teas on the lawn or in front of crackling log fires. The perfect wedding venue or conference. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms and Odigeo so you can book your Northcote Manor Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northcote Manor Umberleigh
- Northcote Manor Hotel Umberleigh
- Northcote Manor Country House Hotel Burrington, Devon, England