“Sun holiday :)” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Landscove Holiday Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brixham
Landscove Holiday Park
You added Landscove Holiday Park to your Saves list
Berryhead, Brixham TQ5 9EP, England   |
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Sun holiday :)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We booked this holiday with the sun vouchers and got good value for money. The chalet/cottage we stopped in was lovely (B49 (i think)) - very homely, warm and cute! For some reason we couldn't get the bathroom window to shut but didn't think any more of it - we had a heater so it didn't get cold in there anyway :) i do think it could do with being re-painted, i think it would look a lot more fresh if it was painted cream instead of yellow!

We found that some staff were lovely, and one member of the bar staff was quite rude but I guess that's the same wherever you go. The food was really nice, however, there wasn't much left on the menu (we did choose the last weekend they were open to go though!) so it's understandable. I think maybe for the future, it might be an option to reduce the 'flexi-dine' price for the last weekend if you have less choice on the menu. The waitress was lovely - we felt quite sorry for her because it wasn't her fault and she had to tell every table what wasn't available, and she didn't charge us any extra for the steak etc.

We paid for bed linen too, but weren't given any upon arrival. We did bring our own just in case so it wasn't a problem however it would have been nice to have been offered a refund, but we did mention it to reception and they were apologetic about it, and if we hadn't of brought our own, i'm sure they would have given us the linen anyway - and there was no point arguing over £7.50!

overall, we had a lovely stay - i would say the site is better for families with children, as we found the entertainment a little boring, which is understandable with it being a family based site! but it's in a beautiful location and there's lots to do around there, with a beautiful coastal walk seconds away, so we might return!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Landscove Holiday Park, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I was pleased to note that you found your holiday to be of good value and that you were happy with your accommodation. I am sorry that one of the team did not seem to offer our usual high standard of customer service and appreciate that thhis did not put you off using the facilities.
With regards to flexi-dine, I can only apologise if you were not advised at the time of purchase that we were operating a limited menu, however I am pleased that the waitress seemed to look after you.
With so many differing grade of accommodation, coupled together with various promotions and offers, I can only assume that the linen requested was overlooked and I am certain that this would have been rectified once reported and having spoken to the housekeeper, she has asked that I convey her apologies.
I am pleased that overall you had a lovely stay and that you enjoyed the surroundings. Thank you once again.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Polish first
Cleved
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at Landscove on the Saturday. We thought, it looked really nice. Checked in at reception with Chrissy who was really helpful. When I booked it I thought it would be one of those "sheds" because it was a last minute thing. We had originally booked at one of the sites in Dawlish Warren, who had double booked us by mistake, plus this was our first time here to Landscove. Anyway, we were given the key to our bronze cottage, and we walked inside. It was immaculate!! Couldn't find any fault with the accommodation at all. It honestly felt like we were lords and ladies of the manor.
We got settled in nicely then went and got fish and chips from Brixham Harbour. We come across a nice place called Churchills. Definitely recommend it. Fish is cooked to order and is really nice and is caught that morning, so it's proper fresh fish, and it's not that expensive.
We all went to the clubhouse after and had a few drinks. Pint is about £3.60. Reasonable for a holiday park. Entertainment was good the first night. Second night my daughter won £14 on the horses/dog racing games the crew had put on and had a go at karaoke!!

The entertainment crew were hilarious on Halloween night. Putting on a show for the whole family ( with a few subtle adult jokes, which went right over the kids heads!)

All in all it was a fantastic week there. Loads to do around the area, beautiful views. Not very far from anywhere. And I would like to say a massive Thankyou to the staff and especially the entertainment crew who entertained us the whole week. Thankyou so much!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Landscove Holiday Park, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for such a great review. It is so refreshing when guests are happy to post their positive experiences for other guests to share and it really does make a difference to the staff who regularly read these reviews. The team at Landscove work really hard to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable stay with us and our Entertainers put heart and soul into their activities and performances in the hope that everyone has a good time. It was also kind of you to mention Chrissy too for which I am sure she will appreciate.
I was pleased to note that you found your accommodation to be suitable and that you were able to enjoy the local area. Thank you once again and I hope that you will return soon.
dudley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Just returned from a week stay ( half term week ) in a Gold Plus caravan C28, The caravan was lovely and clean we couldnt fault it and nice location. The only down side to this park would be the actual complex itself, needs updating badly,especially the swimming pool. Only 3 changing rooms and 2 small showers and not very clean, Park Holidays this needs pulling down !!! Also the smell of chlorine while your eating to me this wasn't ideal. We couldnt fault the staff in and around the park very pleasant. We did take a lodger on board the Ginger cat, which we believe came from close by. Hope he's ok, any updates would be appreciated :) overhaul we had a nice break, would we return, yes i suppose we would.

Room Tip: go for the top because the chalets looked very basic
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review. It was good to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff to be pleasant. I can only apologise that you found the pool to be dirty and have spoken to our Complex Manager with regards to this, as the area should cleaned on a regular basis throughout the day. With regards to the changing and showering facilities, many guests choose to shower in their accommodation which is located close to the swimming pool and I am very sorry if you feel the facilities were lacking.
We do appreciate all feedback from our guests and I would like to thank you once again for taking the time in posting your review.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

very nervous after reading reviews but all in all we had a great weekend. we had a silver caravan B117 right on front with sea views. clean and everything worked, but the seating in the van was a bit 'jaded' and very uncomfortable for sitting evenings. we put a folded up duvet on them which made it a bit more padded. yes, as everyone says, it needs updating and if I had have been given the keys to one of the small chalets, I would have got back in the car. the whole site needs revamping. the walks up to Berry Head and into Brixham were fantastic, its the setting of this park that is so good, the accommodation is letting it down badly. One tip - take everything with you as the shop is more than half empty, late in the season or not, this is not how it should be.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I was pleased to note that overall you had a great weekend stay with us, especially after being nervous from reading some of the previous reviews. Trip Advisor really does represent only a very small number of our guests, and more than 50% still rate us as "Excellent" or "Very Good".
Our aim is to offer basic accommodation and value prices and in most cases we succeed in this. Each Winter we do look to refresh some of the accommodation and also update some of the furnishings, however I am sure that you can appreciate that it is not possible to update everything without increasing costs subsantially.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I hope that you may return in the future.
Yeovil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a budget 3 night stay in a bronze chalet with Alaskan husky , after reading reviews was pleasantly surprised although needing up dating and furniture a long in the tooth it was great value for money , clean , warm and cosy although not really big enough for 6 people accommodation was perfect as a base to see such a lovely area many thanks to our cleaner who must have a hard job keeping clean such a dated environment , all of the staff clearly work hard so thank again for such a pleasant stay maybe one day your trust us dog owners to stay in much more up Market accommodation as we are quite house proud people we stayed in no 80 left clean and tidy for you maybe see you again 1 day .

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your "lovely" review. Your kind words really do make a difference to the team here and certainly make them feel appreciated. We are aware that our accommodation is not the most modern and this allows us to offer great value family holidays for which I thank you for mentioning.
We are in a great location with stunning surroundings and I am pleased that you were able to enjoy this during your stay with us.
We look forward to you returning in the future and thank you once again.
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is the first time I've been to a park resort and will definitely be coming again. Having read the reviews i was a little concerned but didn't need to be, have had a fantastic time. I went with my partner and our dog and stayed in a bronze chalet number 82, yes it's a little dated but clean and comfortable, it only cost us 62 pound for a 3 night stay and think its real value for money. The entertainment team were fabulous, especially Andy, had us in stitches. The only negative about our stay was the restaurant had ran out of lots of things on the menu, we were told its because it's the last weekend but whether you go the start of the season or the end, they really should make sure they have the same choices, but having said that, what they did have, was good tasty food. Will definitely be back next season and very much look forward to it.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review. I was pleased to note that you had a fantastic stay with us and found the accommodation to be satisfactory and entertainemnt to be suitable. I can only apologise that you were disappointed with the restaurant although I am sure you understand the need for reducing stock so late in the season which is why a reduced menu is in place. I was however pleased to note that you did enjoy the food served.
It was really nice of you to post your review as it is more often that case that platforms such as Trip Advisor only highlight the negative issues in most cases and it was refreshing to see that you were able to form your own opinion, especially after reading reviews prior to your arrival.
I do hope that we will see you again and would like to thank you once again.
trowbridge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights at landscove holiday park. (half term week) I found the facilities basic but very functional, staff were fine, the location lovely, and the entertainment team very good. They held a Halloween spooktacular which everyone, including myself and my 5 year old daughter really enjoyed!! To those who knock a half decent holiday for 160 get real!!

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I was pleased to note that you found the park to be functional for your needs and that you found the facilities and entertainment to be suitable. The team work so hard in assisting our guests in having an enjoyable stay with us and we really do appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on Trip Advisor. Thank you once again.

Been to Landscove Holiday Park? Share your experiences!