“Can't fault it!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 12 Activities in Brixham
Type: Boat Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Greenway Ferry & Pleasure Cruises is the home of WW2 Heritage Ship Fairmile and nine other sea and river boats offering a fantastic array of boat trips, excursions and ferry services in the English Riviera and beautiful River Dart.With offices based at Princess Pier Torquay, the Quay Brixham, the boat float Dartmouth and at Greenway Quay on the edge of the serene River Dart, we offer the largest variety of award winning green marine transportation links in the South West. In 2010 Greenway Ferry where awarded Visit Britain’s Quality Visitor Attraction award.
Amesbury, United Kingdom
“Can't fault it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I travelled with greenway on Fairmile on Saturday the 19th April. Before boarding we were warned it would be choppy ( understatement!). I had a gold ticket so travelled to Dartmouth, stayed there for just over an hour and then took the trip out to Slapton Sands and home again. When arriving at Slapton the captain did everything he could to show us where he could, fighting with the weather.
The crew were brilliant, all making you feel really at ease and valued as a customer. Although "joke" of the week needs some work lads!
Thank you again! Will be back!

Visited April 2014

Torquay
“Hopeless. Avoid them.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

This company has always had a fairly iffy reputation, and now I understand why.

We bought tickets at the kiosk by the quay for the ferry from Torquay to Brixham, went to the embarkation point and joined a queue of 100 or so people waiting for the ferry to arrive (it is supposed to run every 30 minutes).

After an hour, we gave up and went back to the kiosk where we were told (for the first time) that the ferry was not coming because of the weather. Nothing they can do about the weather but they can control how they react to it and during this hour there was absolutely no communication from anybody from Greenway Ferries.

When we gave up and went back to the kiosk there was a lot of nonsense about which sort of ticket we had and which of the two people "working" there had the correct change. They seemed to think that they were doing us a favour by giving us our money back, and there was absolutely no apology or any sense that they cared that they had wasted an hour or more of so many people's time. They were incredibly rude to everybody around us.

Now, we live here and whilst we don't work directly in the tourism industry we know how vital tourism is to the bay. People like this are bad news for all of us, and in particular for the vast majority of honest operators who want to ensure that tourists have a good time and come back. I would like to assure anybody reading this that this sort of treatment is absolutely not typical of those who work in tourism in Torbay. I would, however, advise you not to have anything to do with Greenway Ferries.

Visited April 2014
WillnRoss, Manager at Greenway Ferry & Pleasure Cruises, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for your review with reference to the £1.00 - 35 minute ferry trip across the bay from Torquay to Brixham. Firstly, lets deal with our 'iffy' reputation. I would not consider our reputation as 'iffy' with 149 excellent reviews and 10 poor or for the fact of telling you the truth. Ferries operated on the 19th April from Torquay at 9.45 10.15 10.25 11.15 11.20 11.45 and 12.00 we carried a total of 472 passengers on these times. There was some motion on the ocean and all passengers were advised by booking staff and crew prior to boarding any of our vessels. to get a refund if they did not want to travel to Dartmouth or on the ferry. No ferries ran full and no ferries were cancelled. You requested the refund, it was given to you. I am therefore unable to see why we are dishonest or treating you unfairly. We were actually making sure all our passengers were happy to travel by giving them honest information and refunds when requested. I know this was the Easter period - so perhaps you where expecting us to go all religious and part the water for you Moses style... be realistic please! Lets put this all into perspective, you are crossing the bay for just £1 thats right, £1 for a 35 minute trip on a boat. You then have the audacity to complain for us telling you the truth and refunding your money. Looking at your other reviews and where you have travelled, quite clearly you are budget travellers seeking out bargains and then slating companies when you pay a pittance and expect to get a trip on Concorde! Our company is accredited by Visit England - not bad for an 'iffy' company. I agree with you entirely... steer clear! Happy sailing.
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Greenway Is amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Greenway ferries are absolutely amazing. The journies are undoubtably amazing and really show up rail river link. Rail river link compared to greenway ferries are absolutely horrid and the service that they showed compared to greenaway was horrendous! I would advise you to book with greenway rather than rail river link.

Visited September 2013
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Boats!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I Love the boats at greenway, so cheap, fast, reliable and just all round a plesurable experience. much better than rival ccompany dartmouth rail iver link. #gogreenway

Visited August 2013
Cornworthy, United Kingdom
“Non-existent trip!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We booked a short river trip for today (February 28th) via the company's internet site on January 21st. We received a confirming e-mail, the payment was taken from my credit card, and I received a reminder e-mail this morning. However, when we got to the supposed departure point, no boat was to be seen. I phoned the company, who told me that I couldn't have booked, as the first sailing isn't until 1st April. I was asked how I had booked, replied that I'd booked via the internet, and was told that their e-mail account had been hacked. I was offered a refund on my credit card. As I have spent my entire career in IT, my curiosity was peeked. E-mail hacking would not account for the fact that I was able to book via the website. If this had really been a hacking, why on earth would the company offer to refund me? When I returned home, I checked the website and found that the available dates had been changed. And I received an e-mail inviting me to leave feedback. This is very sophisticated form of e-mail hacking indeed! I have subsequently talked to friends and neighbours and learned that this type of thing has happened before. Needless to say, I shall not be troubling this company with my business again.

Visited February 2014
Thank you for your review. Indeed our booking software and website was somehow hacked which caused phantom bookings to be made and our diary to offer trips which were non existent. Our homepage did state this and each page dedicated to each tripped clearly showed the times of operation or indeed closure of the service during the winter. I'm sorry you missed this and very sorry for your disappointment.