“Comfortable and friendly, superb food” 4 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Havelet, St Peter Port GY1 1BA   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and friendly, superb food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Just got back from staying at the De Havelet this past week. As per previous comments, the place is a little dated, but nothing offensive, and it's all immaculate and clean, so it's not like it's been abandoned. The staff are lovely, really welcoming and not at all stuffy. The room was good, we had a twin, which was a pair of zip-lock beds which shared one headboard on the wall, so although they were separate beds, they were only six inches apart. We rearranged it to make a little more space. Bathroom was sparkling and new, and the shower was perfect. We ate in the restaurant most nights. The food was just superb, best quality I'd eaten in a long while, although it was a bit on the pricey side. Breakfast was a good selection, but the cooked option wasn't a patch on the evening meal.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 35, which is in the new part (built on to the back of the original house). It was...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Many thanks for your detailed review following your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that overall you had a pleasant stay here at BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet and would like to thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers from around the world.
Our staff will be pleased to see that you have mentioned them as lovely and welcoming; they do pride themselves on providing excellent customer service. With regards to the elements you have raised comments about, firstly I would like to thank you to bringing it to my attention and please rest assured that I will personally address the areas to improve on our service and to avoid any future disappointment.
Thank you very much for staying at BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Gennaro Festivo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I travel with my job and have been to many hotel's over the year's and seen good and bad in all star ratings. I would just like to say this hotel was very welcoming and all the staff were very helpful and attentive with a smile ...which is unusual these days.
The food was lovely and room clean, and they went out of there way to help.
I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again

Keith O

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Keith,
Thank you for your 5* review, I was so happy that you took the time to leave such a great review following your recent stay with us at BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet. It was a pleasure to read that we met your expectations in all areas of our service and in the facilities we provide. As I always do, I have already passed on your kind words to my team and we hope you will stay with us again when you are back in Guernsey.
Whitfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I highly recommend the Hotel De Havelet in Guernsey, which my husband and I stayed at whilst en route from England to Herm Island. From the time we arrived on 11th November, the staff, particularly the male on front desk reception, were helpful and friendly. Our room was of a high standard, likewise the Saddle Restaurant where we had our evening meal. We will certainly stay at this Hotel again when we next visit Guernsey.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet and sharing your travel experience with other site followers. I was delighted to read that overall you have enjoyed your stay and I am pleased to learn that you would like to return.
Thank you for highlighting that our receptionist was very helpful and welcoming, I will pass your kind compliments on to him and the rest of team and we all look forward to welcome you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet.

Lymington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have stayed here twice now on business and would recommend this hotel over any other on the island. The welcome is warm and friendly with all the staff only to pleased to help you, breakfast is very nice indeed and provides lovely views with a good choice on the menu.
I was treated to a room at the top of the building which had lovely features, loads of space and a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was clean and modern and the rooms very quiet which made for a great nights sleep.
All round great experience, see you again soon De Havelet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for this great review following your most recent with us. It was a pleasure to read that your expectations were exceeded during your second visit and that you enjoyed the comfort of your bedroom, the lovely views and the great choice of meals which are some of the great amenities BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet can offer you.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need assistance in the future and we also look forward to see you again soon!

Chichester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed 1 night, which wasn't enough! This is a lovely hotel, with very friendly staff and superb accommodation. The Wellington Boot restaurant has some lovely views and the food was very good. All in all thoroughly recommended and we will be visiting again.

Room Tip: Room 26, a lovely comfortable bed good for athletics!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your travel experience on TripAdvisor. We are all delighted to learn how much you have enjoyed your stay with us and it is also very rewarding to know that the team has left a positive impression with you.
Thank you for your recommendation too and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet hopefully for a longer visit.

Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We have stayed at De Havelet before so we knew how good it was but this time we had more meals there and the food and service was excellent - plates were hot which I think is a must, even in the bar they lay a table up for you when you eat in there, prices were fair and food excellent (the pies were home made and full of meaty chunks). My wife had a bad cough while we were there and a member of staff came to enquire about her health and provided a hot milk and honey drink - never had that service before!
Bedroom had recently been refurbished so it was great. Pool, sauna etc brilliant.
Having stayed at various hotels in Guernsey over many years this is most definitely our hotel of choice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thanks very much for your excellent review, I am delighted to read that the two of you had a great time here at BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet and that we have managed to exceed your expectations during your most recent visit. I am pleased to learn that meals and service was also up to your complete satisfaction, which I will be happy to share with my team.
Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future if there is anything we assist with and we look forward to welcome you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet hopefully in the near future.

Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Just returned from an overnight business trip and wish I could have stayed longer. The staff were superb; friendly, attentive and professional but also very welcoming. Loved the fact I got a courtesy call from reception fifteen minutes after checking in, just to check with me that the room was ok. Which incidentally it was.

Didn't have time to try the indoor pool, maybe I can do that on a holiday, it looked very inviting!

The accommodation was first class, very comfortable, large bath towels, decent power shower, extremely clean and well maintained. Ate at the hotel in the evening, excellent food, washed down with a great pint of bitter (Patois). Breakfast offered a wide range of hot/cold options plus the bonus of a panoramic view of the harbour. Only issue, I had to leave too soon!

Room Tip: Room 11 was nice & quiet and led directly onto a semi open courtyard with ornate fountains - ver...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you very much for this lovely review following your recent stay with us here at BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet. I am delighted to learn that your one night stay was such a memorable one and that the hotel features met your expectations all in all that the hotel ticked so many boxes for you. Such a shame you did not have time to enjoy the relaxing atmosphere in our Health Suite!

I would like to thank you once again for taking your time and post this review on TripAdvisor, which I will be happy to place on our staff`s notice board, so every member of staff can read it and I can assure you that they will all appreciate your compliments.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if we can be of your service in the future, and we look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet hopefully for a longer stay.

Gennaro Festivo

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet? Share your experiences!