“Go and be surprised....” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 105 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Cuisines: Irish, British
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: A warm Guernsey welcome awaits you at the Old Quarter Restaurant from Paddy, Dana and the staff. This is honest, no nonsense food with a slight Irish slant as you would only expect from Paddy's home roots. The Restaurant prides itself on using as much locally sourced ingredients as possible; fresh from the land and the sea the taste of Guernsey comes out in every dish. Paddy and the team are keen to show off the best of what Guernsey has on offer each season and the menu changes to reflect this. Our cosy restaurant caters for parties up to fifty people, so whether its a business meeting over lunch or an intimate dinner for two we will always do everything to meet your expectations. We are also very flexible with our menus and happy to adapt to your needs where possible. You will find us at the centre of the Old Quarter among a mixture of antique dealers, art gallery's, craft shops, fashion boutiques and unique privately run shops of all types and descriptions. With its narrow cobbled streets it really is like going back in time to what most of the town of St Peter Port once looked like, but with a modern twist of quaint little shops. Any stroll around town is not complete without a trip up Mill and Mansell Street, why not cap it off with a light lunch or and early evening meal.
St Helier
“Go and be surprised....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

I went to The Old Quarter Restaurant after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. And I would like to thank those of you who suggested it!
We had the set lunch which was £11.95 pp. and it was stunning. The home made pate was to die for as was the chocolate brownie (and everything in between).
It was all served promptly by a friendly waitress.
What I found fantastic was the chef approached the table after our meal to ask us about it. We had nothing but praise for him. So nice that the chef was confident enough to speak to us about his creations.
The restaurant was homely and tucked away in the old quarter of town which I highly recommend visiting for its quaint antique shops.
Having amble experience in restaurants and licensed premises, I was surprised has to how the restaurant could offer such food for so little. Hence a nice tip was left in gratitude.
It made our Saturday afternoon shopping trip extra special.
Great food, great prices, great staff!

Visited February 2014

Guernsey
“Not a good as expected based on reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Food - this is not a fine dining restaurant but the food is good and reasonably priced.
Wine - list is varied, reasonably priced and appropriate for the style of food on offer.
Service - unfortunately this was not so good, we were asked to come to our table and then no one available to show us which table or take our drinks. Wine order not delivered until second request, no glasses provided and when asked for only 2 brought for a party of four leaving two of us using our glasses from our pre-dinner drink not a disaster but disappointing when this restaurant has such great reviews.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Belper, England
“Great seafood at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I dined here on a Saturday night and were very happy with our experience at the Old Quarter Restaurant. The staff were friendly and welcoming and the restaurant itself was very nice and cosy (only around 8 tables).

For my starter I had scallops wrapped in bacon and they were perfectly cooked and delicious! My boyfriend chose the potted muscles which were equally as good. For the mains we both chose the Seabass, one with lime and ginger and the other with chorizo. It was probably the nicest seabass we have ever had and it was perfectly cooked too. The portion of fish was huge too so definitely good value for money.

I will definitely return to this restaurant upon my next visit to Guernsey :)

Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Diverse and lovely menu in a welcoming restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Recently ate here for the first time and the food was absolutely lovely; I adore lamb and nearly always order it when dining out, so I can say with some confidence that the lamb I had at the Old Quarter was the best I’ve had in ages – if not the best ever. My dessert was to die for and if I hadn’t been so full, I would have gladly ordered another one. My partner also enjoyed all three of his dishes, especially his spiced beef main which was a special that day. Both meats were cooked exactly as requested.

The staff were very welcoming and attentive, always available but never hovering around the table putting you off. We were both impressed with the price, which seemed reasonable at about £75 for two starters, two mains, two desserts and three alcoholic drinks. You could easily pay a lot more than that in Guernsey, for food which is nowhere near as nice!

The restaurant itself is lovely and welcoming – the only downside I could possibly think of is that if you’re looking for a view of St Peter Port, the Old Quarter is not the place, as it’s sat in a little road quite far back from the front.

I'd say this place is ideal for couples, families or a group of friends. All in all I’d say 9.5/10 and we can't wait to be back for our next special occasion!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, England, United Kingdom
“The #1 Ranking in St Peter Port is well deserved”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Just returned from dinner at the Old Quarter, Paddy and his team are doing a great job serving beautifully presented high quality food in unpretentious relaxed and friendly surroundings and it's great to see them at #1 in St Peter Port. I'm already looking forward to my next visit, the fillet steak is cooked to perfection, so tender the knife drops through it and full of flavour. My only complaint is they are too far away from the mainland south coast ! I have no hesitation in recommending this charming restaurant it's a hidden gem.

• Visited January 2014