“Excellant Excellant Excellant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
hampshire
“Excellant Excellant Excellant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

We stayed here in April and had the most amazing time, the staff were the best they treated us like friends the minute we walked in the door and nothing was too much trouble, check in was quick and easy and the porter helped get us and the luggage up to the room quickly. The room was clean and modern but just a little bit small for the two of us the bed was very comfy but again a little bit small but this would be my own very small moan with this near perfect stay. We have already booked to go back and we can wait. Guernsey is a great place to visit and I would recommend this as a great weekend short break island.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
East Anglia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

Very happy to recommend this one. It is a good value establishment. The chef is superb providing wonderful food - presented as a work of art. Much cheaper for eating than most hotels. The staff, without exception treated us as valued guests and I cant wait to return.
A jazz festival coming up at the end of October and they are offering well priced package deals.
If you want to eat elsewhere other than the wonderful hotel, the staff are happy to suggest other places and to book for you and help with taxis etc.
Would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2009

This is a great hotel for anyone visiting the Island who wants a comfortable stay close to the amenities of St Peter Port. Service is of a very high standard. Staff are welcoming and professional. The atmosphere is informal yet efficient. The superior room we booked was comfortable and very clean with an excellent shower. Drinks and toiletries were regularly topped up. Breakfast was very good. There was a wide choice of dishes and a good buffet. A bar meal we had on the first night was very great and very good value. We would vist again and recommend without hesitation. There are lots of eating places in town. Many have good value early evening deals including "The Square" in the old French Halls where we ate a three course meal and drank a bottle of house red for £ 10.50 each ! Needless to say it was packed out with locals. Do take a trip out to the wild west coast for some great walks around Portelet . Herm is well worth a visit. The last two centuries have done little to change the wonderful atmosphere and stunning environment

• Stayed April 2009
Lincolnshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

Excellent newly refurbished rooms.
Service throughout 100%
Consider booking dinners with hotel room as food was excellent with reasonably priced wine.
About 5 to 10 minute walk downhill to town centre.
Excellent and economical bus travel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

My friend and I stayed three nights at this hotel. The staff were very good, very attentive and courteous. Breakfast was excellent and the hotel very clean. However our bedroom was something else. It was clean but very very dated and old fashioned, It is a long time since I have seen an avocado suite, tiles from the 70's, blankets and bedspreads, old hairdryer and polystyrene tiles on the ceiling. The disappointment was increased when we glimpsed other bedrooms that had been refurbished with white suites, duvets and neutral decor. We had asked for a twin room and booked through air miles so whether this made any difference to our room allocation maybe, however it was a huge disappointment when the other facilities were good. I advise that if you book this hotel you ensure you avoid room 303.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
WORTHING, WEST SUSSEX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

Just arrived back this morning from the Duke of Richmond, Guernsey. We arrived Sat morning to a very friendly receptionist who kindly upgraded us to a Park Side Executive Room (we had only booked a standard double). It was an excellent size, with good facilities - flat screen TV, new shower and comfortable queen size bed. The breakfast we excellent - with tentative staff and lots of delicious things to eat. The hotel was in a perfect location - 5 mins for the town (St Peter's Port), and the hill proved excellent for keeping your bum in trim! I would certainly use this hotel again and was very impressed with it's excellent customer service and overall standards / appearance. The bar is nautically cute - but the prices were a tad expensive (£14.00 for a large Tia Maria and Amaretto). My 5.30am room service was a few mins early and my 6am taxi (organised by the hotel) was ready and waiting. Well done Duke of Richmond - keep up with those excellent standards.

Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

I occasionally travel to Guernsey on business and have stayed in about 5 different hotels there now over the years. This time I decided on the Duke of Richmond which I booked directly from their website. My primary reasons for that were its excellent location, right in the centre of St Peter Port and my colleagues’ recommendations.
My flight from Gatwick was delayed so I checked-in late in the evening. I was welcomed with a friendly smile and the hassle free check in took no time at all, just what was needed after a long day at the office and travelling.

I went straight to their Cocktail bar to have my dinner and thoroughly enjoyed the experience with the excellent fare (local seafood) being complemented by friendly and efficient service.

My park-side room was of a good size, modern and well-appointed with a large comfortable bed. The bathroom was spotlessly clean with brand new appliances and the water pressure was very good.
Wifi is also available throughout the hotel at a reasonable cost.
A very good choice of menu for your breakfast and the full English went down a treat to start the day. Again, the service was first class.

All in all, from the staff and facilities to the genuine hospitality I was shown at the hotel, I have found a new favourite place to stay when visiting the island in future which offers excellent value for money and cannot be recommended too highly.

My only regret now is that I didn't find this place years ago!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Been to The Duke of Richmond Hotel? Share your experiences!