“Friendly & relaxed hotel, but out-of-date rooms” 3 of 5 stars

St. Pierre Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rohais, St Peter Port GY1 1FD   |
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
London
“Friendly & relaxed hotel, but out-of-date rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2006

My wife and I stayed in the hotel for a week in August. The hotel staff were very friendly and the atmosphere relaxed.

The hotel claims to be 4 star, but its really only 3 star quality (eg, 1980's avocado bathroom suites). I hope the management do re-decorate all the rooms soon (we were told that they would start next winter).

There were plans for a casino - but this fell through.
[---]
Local taxi drivers had many stories to tell regarding this and the state of the decor. Do ask!

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Poor quality of rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — Check whether the hotel has been re-decorated before booking
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2006

We decided to go to Guernsey for the day to visit a friend - in the morning my girlfriend rang Moores to see what rate they could do for a double room for that night - the girl at the hotel said £55. I looked online and decided that in spite of a couple of bad reviews it was worth a try. I rang them and mentioned that they had quoted a rate of £55 for the night to my girlfriend and we'd like to book for that evening. The man on the line confirmed the rate and took my name. We arrived a few hours later and not only had they no record of my booking, but they tried to charge me £110. Apparently the £55 rate was per person, although we had made it clear to two separate members of staff that there were two of us when making the booking. I said that we weren't prepared to pay £110 and that we had made our booking on the basis that we would pay £55 for the room. The staff were unmoveable and blamed a trainee member of staff for giving us the wrong price (despite the fact that we talked to two different people). This apparently was our problem rather then theirs so we ended up walking out and were stuck in Guernsey with no hotel. Fortunately I had noticed a good rate for St. Pierre Park online and rang them up. They found me a room for £134 which (considering the difference in quality) I was prepared to pay. We found a taxi and were sitting in our room fifteen minutes later. I'd recommend staying at St. Pierre Park - the staff were helpful, the room was clean and spacious and the grounds and facilities were excellent.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Northampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2006

As a long week end escape from the children my partner and I booked into the St Pierre Park Hotel for 3 nights and even though the hotel was accommodating a large wedding reception we had a peaceful, most enjoyable break. Staff were very helpful but unintrusive, and the food was excellent. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed May 2006

Been to St. Pierre Park Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about St. Pierre Park Hotel

Address: Rohais, St Peter Port GY1 1FD
Location: United Kingdom > Channel Islands > Guernsey > St Peter Port
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#5 Luxury Hotel in St Peter Port
#9 Romantic Hotel in St Peter Port
#10 Business Hotel in St Peter Port
Hotel Class:4 star — St. Pierre Park Hotel 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your St. Pierre Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel St Pierre Park
Guernsey Hotel Park Pierre St
St. Pierre Park Hotel Guernsey/St Peter Port, UK

If you own or manage St. Pierre Park Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.