“Welcoming local pub with rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Foresters' Arms

Foresters' Arms
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Peter Port
Foresters' Arms
You added Foresters' Arms to your Saves list
St George's Esplanade, Guernsey, St Peter Port GY1 2BQ   |
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Welcoming local pub with rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is a good local pub towards the end of the main seafront area, well located for the town and harbour. It is on the busy coast road however. The landlord and lady made my mother and I very welcome indeed. Breakfasts were very good and portion size was generous. Evening meal range was limited and the quality on the one night we ate there was average. However since this is primarily a B&B pub and there are many restaurants and hotels to eat at nearby this is not a problem. Overall a very good value for money place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Conwy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Super spot for a silly price if you compare it to other Guernsey options. I can only agree with other reviews, if you want VFM this is the place to come to. Hospitable, comfy and close to town.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Saint Maurice, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Foresters enormously. Food was very good. Room clean, beds comfortable and the landlady Lyn was most helpfull. Evenings were enjoyable with a proper pub atmosphere. staff very helpfull and friendly. Whenever we go back to Guernsy we certainly try to book into the Foresters Arms again.

David and Trudy L.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Essex Girl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I went to Guernsey for a short break to use up my Air Miles before they changed to Avios. I travelled with my friend and wanted an inexpensive b&b to stay in. As I had been to Guernsey before, I knew all the buses started and terminated in St. Peter Port, so it made sense to stay there. Good choice, as it was easy to get to all the places we wanted to see. We settled on Foresters as it had good reviews - after all, we only wanted a place to sleep. we were out all day from breakfast until 8 - 9 pm. It was good value for money - excellent breakfast and Linda kindly made us a bacon sandwich to take to the airport on our last morning after a more hurried cereal/toast breakfast. Took around 15 minutes to walk to town, five minutes more to the bus station.

Room Tip: Great views from the twin room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Newquay, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Well, we didn't actually stay here because when we arrived at 8am on 31 August, we were told by Linda that she did not have any record of our booking! I reminded her of our telephone conversation several months earlier when I had booked the double room and twin room for myself and my family and she had confirmed the cost of £600, but, oh no, oh dear, she was in a flap when she realised she had let the rooms to someone else! However, I would say she did make arrangements for us to stay elsewhere and we were very pleased with the accommodation a little up the hill at Les Cotils and she did pay for the taxi up there. Linda also offered us a meal to make up for our inconvenience and disappointment. We would have loved to stay at the Foresters Arms; it looks like a nice place and has good reviews but would be nervous about booking just by telephone in future; I would suggest that in order to avoid other peoples' disappointment in the future, she amends her booking procedures.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We booked our stay at the Foresters Arms after reading the other reviews then hoped to goodness it was as good as it said. We were not disappointed at all. We arrived on a Saturday evening after the kitchen had closed and while the evenings bar entertainment was being organised but that didn't stop Linda from cooking us a meal... and wow, what a meal it was! Good honest pub grub but home made and of good quality and loads of it. It's a locals pub which is quiet throughout the week but then the locals come in on a Saturday night and have a good old sing song or something equally as entertaining. I would challenge the hungriest of people to finish the enormous breakfast each day of thier stay. My husband managed it on the first morning but then opted for a smaller version. We will be visiting the Forrester again and will continue to recomment it to others. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Gibraltar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Hotel is a 5 minute walk along the prom to Town Centre, nice pub atmosphere, and good ales. My business activity only allowed me one full english breakfast as I had to be out and about before God had laid the streets for the day It was generous and good quality.
Staff extremely helpful and Lynne the landlady knocked my socks off by solving a logistics problem I had experienced - well above and beyond the call of duty, and on Sunday even when the pub is closed to the public, and Lynne's day off.
Room good size, twin beds, enough hot water and soft towels, and even though I was overlooking the main road, there was little or no noise. Very enjoyable stay, and when I return to Guernsey this will be my first port of call for sure. No WIFI but you can get some signal from the neighbours if you search a bit.

A big thanks to Lynne and the Bar staff

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Foresters' Arms? Share your experiences!