“From Adelaide for a lovely meal” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bar, Coffee Shop, Bistro
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Adelaide, Australia
“From Adelaide for a lovely meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was in Guernsey for a week in September 2012, staying nearby. My aunts and uncles decided to go to this bistro to celebrate one of their wedding anniversaries. It was such a good night. The meal was marvellous and the service was great, attentive but not over-bearing. The overall experience was a really good holiday memory. If I ever return to Guernsey, I shall certainly return to this establishment. A long way to travel for a great meal.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Andover, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I chose this restaurant from TripAdvisor reviews and I was not disappointed. The food choice was excellent for seafood, meat and vegetarians alike, as all were in our party there was not one complaint for either the choices or the quality of food when it was served. The mussels I had were the best I've eaten! Wll definitely be going back on our next trip to the island. Thank you to our waiter who was polite and attentive. We will definitely be going back on our next trip to the island, not only to check out the refurbishment works but also the menu, lets hope we have enough room for dessert next time!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Weymouth
“WONDERFUL FOR VEGETARIANS AND MEAT/FISH EATERS ALIKE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed at a hotel in the area last September. Unfortunately, obtaining Vegetarian food was very difficult and there did not seem to be much understanding. We came across this Bar and Bistro by chance. Oh, and am I glad we did. The best Vegetarian Meal that I have ever had in Guernsey and we have been travelling there for many years. I had wonderful Garlic Mushrooms for starters, a massive huge plate and quite delicious. For mains I had the Vegetarian Burgers, although they were not really burgers, more like big fat rissoles, they were wonderful. My partner's starter and main, I was assured, was also delicious, there certainly was plenty of it. There was so much food on my plate that I could not eat it all and the lovely waiter made me a doggy bag to take back to the hotel. How I enjoyed that the next day, equally as good cold or hot. I was disappointed that I had no room to try a dessert. It is fantastic to see an establishment taking care of it's Vegetarian Customers as well as the Meat and Fish Customers. Lovely bar downstairs and sophisticated restaurant is upstairs, although you can eat downstairs as well. I cannot rate this Bistro highly enough. We will most certainly be eating there on our next trip in March. Thank you for such wonderful service and THE most wonderful Vegetarian Food. EXCELLENT :-)

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Guernsey
“Fantastic meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The outside did put us off slightly but as we had heard such good reviews we decided to give it a go. I'm so glad we did as the food was wonderful as was the very polite and helpful waiter. There was a good choice, especially for my daughter who is a vegetarian. The sea bass was one of the best I've had and the others in our group who had steak said it was delicious.The prices are very reasonable and our dishes included chips/potatoes and salad/vegetables. We will definitely be going back and recommending it to all our friends.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Good food - good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We went as a group of 6 on what was unfortunately a quiet night. The food is all freshly prepared and nicely cooked. A good choice of vegetarian dishes was nice to see.

Visited December 2012