“Too noisy!” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Oakham, Rutland
“Too noisy!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

But we enjoyed the meal. Service was a bit slow - others arrived after us and had finished their starters before ours even arrived. Otherwise OK

Visited October 2013
Chantal R, Manager at Crabby Jack's, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you very much for the review. I am terribly sorry that your experience was not completely enjoyable. The restaurant does tend to get very noisy. I hope that if you are ever in Guernsey, you would visit us again, and hopefully this time we could find you a quieter corner to enjoy your meal.

London, United Kingdom
“Good if you like company”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Cracking restaurant with varied menu and huge portions. Very busy, catering for the larger groups as well as couples. Great atmosphere if you want to party

Visited November 2012
Chantal R, Manager at Crabby Jack's, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback.
Winchester, Hampshire
“Crabby Jack's on the Up!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Some years ago when working as a consultant to the Guernsey Tourist Board one of my very welcome jobs in the Bailiwick was to escort parties of visiting journalists & documentary film-makers around this very beautiful island, ensuring that we also stopped off at various suitable eating establlshments on our journey that would show off Guernsey's range of fine food & wine.

Back then Crabby Jacks was one of our regular stop-offs and I always considered it to be a 'great burger-type bar' with great value for money food & drink....

However on this trip I had a long overdue lunch-time meet up with two former friends and colleagues from Guernsey Tourism & Guernsey Heritage (it now, rather knowingly, being made their regular lunchtime watering hole) and I was struck by how much more upmarket Crabbys had become...it was always spotless & welcoming back when I was working on Guernsey, but now it has an added touch of chic, but without the over-pricing that usually goes hand-in-hand with such a superb make-over!

The decor was most attractive, the staff (predominantly pretty & ultra polite Polish waitresses I was informed) were ever friendly & attentive, the lunch-time wine choice excellent and the fish & chips that I had were quite the very best I can ever remember, (either on island or off) and the couple of hours spent there relaxing with my father & my friends (with a sea view to boot) were a most enjoyable start to what was for me a part working/part 'time-out' long weekend away from home.

In fact I can't recommend the (for me) new-look Crabby Jacks highly enough and it will certainly be my first port of call during my next Guernsey stop-over..just superb..Well done all..and thank you for a most enjoyable lunch-time on the island's beautiful West Coast!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chantal R, Manager at Crabby Jack's, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. It is wonderful that you have taken the time to show case the positive. We are trying to make changes, and it is appreciated that they have been noticed.
poole dorset
“Not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Some of the food is good ! Some is not so good , we were a party of 6 on Sunday very busy great place to take the children 2 of our children ordered the pasta they both had one spoonful and both left it saying it had a funny taste, I had the Carvery roast turkey which was cold the potatoes were not cooked hard in the middle and the veg also Luke warm part of our order was missing and once we told the waiter he told the chef and it came when our meal was finished !
Disappointing meal

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chantal R, Manager at Crabby Jack's, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were not happy with your experience. I have taken your comment on board, and have discussed the issues with the chef. We are in the process of revamping our carvery area, and hope that in the future we will no longer encounter these problems. If you are ever back in Guernsey, we would love to be given the opportunity to make it up to you.
scotland
“Reunion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I ate at Crabby Jacks on the last night of my visit to Guernsey. How I wish I had found it earlier. The food was mouthwatering. It was fresh and well cooked. The staff were so helpful without hovering.
A very impressive meal.