“Wonderful food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in St. Peter
Cuisines: British
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Laid-back beachside dining with top quality produce cooked simply in a superb location on the south coast of Jersey. The only one Michelin Bib Gourmand restaurant in Channel Islands, top 10 Britain's Finest Restaurant with a View.
St helier
“Wonderful food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Absoloutly fantastic service, great location and superb food. Celiac diner well catered for. Excellent.

Derbyshire
“Good food, excellent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Tables overlooking the beach, well decorated interior, ample parking, lovely location.

The fixed price spring menu at £15.00 for 2 courses appeared excellent value but items on the a la carte menu attracted out attention so we opted for that.

The foie gras was delicious but sadly the portion size was the smallest I have ever been offered in a restaurant. My husbands Ham Hock Ballotine with Piccalilli was very good and better value. My Fish Pie Mornay was tasty but nothing out of the ordinary. This time it was husband that suffered as his portion of cod was very small and the very chunky chips not very crisp. The desserts were another matter - apricot panna cotta, sorbet and confit were wonderful as was my husbands Chocolate tart.
The service was very good throughout and the restaurant was reasonably busy for a lunchtime.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Another excellent meal, tiny tweaks needed to the service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

It wasn't hard to choose the venue for dinner with two pairs of friends - my previous visits to MJATB had been hugely enjoyable. When we arrived at 8pm the restaurant and bar were pretty full, but it was no problem to go straight to the table for pre-dinner drinks.

One of our friends is a bit of a frequent flyer, and the waitress ribbed him gently that perhaps he ought to try a starter other than the Scotch egg (which he's had on every previous visit). He made the move and was delighted that he had! I was also hankering after the Scotch egg (it really is marvellous - only the chef at Jersey Hospice makes better ones than Mark) but instead went for the equally appealing scallops with oxtail. The latter was absolutely superb, and when followed up with a perfectly cooked rib-eye I was a very happy man. If I'm not mistaken the menu seems more extensive than the last time I visited (I believe the Foie Gras is new on the starter list, for instance).

For "afters" I decided on the cheese and biscuits; there was plenty of cheese but things were a bit stingy on the biscuit front (and the biscuit was perhaps a little sweeter than I'd have liked). Nothing that can't cured by a quick "Could I have some more biscuits please", of course, but I do puzzle about why so many restaurants skimp on the biccies.

The only downsides - and they're niggles rather than problems - were a couple of less-than-perfect service observations. We ordered two bottles of red and one of white, and both were lovely; sadly the waitress just assumed that the three female members of the party were on white and went ahead and poured three glasses (in fact two of the three wanted red - a really lovely Malbec, as it happens). And when it came to coffee at the end my request for cold milk went unheeded, which happens to me reasonably frequently and which I find irksome.

In all, though, I thoroughly enjoyed my evening at MJOTB - and of course I'll be going back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

From the moment you arrive the staff make you feel so welcome and nothing was too much trouble. The food was wonderful, so many different tastes and flavours. The best meal we have ever had in Jersey.

Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Superb Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Have eaten here a few times and definitely my favourite place to eat in Jersey. The food is of a very high standard and prices are very reasonable given the quality. The service is excellent and their attention to detail is brilliant. Will no doubt return again and again.

• Visited February 2014