“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Really enjoyed our night here. Luckily we booked as the restaurant was very busy when we arrived, despite this the service & food were fantastic. We were never rushed which considering they could have used our table a few times over was great to see.

Visited May 2014

Jersey
“Great Wedding Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We chose Green Island for its superb food and friendly staff and We weren't disappointed.
We had a party of 27 and everybody commented how good the food was and efficient and warm the welcome and service was.
Many thanks to Alan and his team for a very special evening.

London, United Kingdom
“Superb Reception”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Perhaps Mollie (13/04/14) went to the wrong restaurant. The Green Island we went to was most welcoming, despite my slightly damp boat shoes and cargos. The menu was thoroughly explained and the house wine impeccable. The chef shows a lightness of touch with his sauces and was more than willing to explain the interesting bits. The whole experience was most enjoyable and I have no hesitation in recommending Green Island to everyone.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Dissapointed and insulted before we'd even sat down!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

On Wednesday 9th of April, myself and two friends headed down to Green Island Restaurant as we had heard the food was good and we wanted to grab some dinner and have a catch up.

We arrived at the restaurant around 6.50pm. As I entered the restaurant I was greeted extremely unpleasantly by a woman who looked at me in disgust as if I had just walked into her home un invited. I stopped in the doorway of the restaurant very confused and asked the question ‘Oh sorry are you open?’ to which she replied extremely hesitantly ‘umm yes but ermmm we don’t start serving for 10 minutes’. I said ‘Ok thats fine could we get a table for three?’, she then started to look around the room very blankly, the restaurant was completely empty apart from three men sat in the outside area having a drink. She hesitantly wandered the room for a minute or two then questioned if I had ‘even read the menu’, the look on this woman’s face was as if we were not good enough to eat there. We weren’t dressed up, we had just finished work and were in smart/casual dress. Once she eventually said ‘I suppose we could get you a table’ we felt so uncomfortable and didn’t want to awkwardly sit in a restaurant where we obviously weren’t welcome.

I politely told the woman not to worry about the table since she didn’t seem to want the business and we left.

My friends and I were so shocked at how rudely we were treated. It’s a shame for a business to judge a persons bank account by their looks, all customers should be treated equally, as you will find in life not all wealthy people wear Barbour jackets and drive a Range Rover.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
uk
“Jersey s best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Whenever we come home to Jersey , one of first ports of call , green island Restaurant.
Alan is perfect host . And always has good helpers which he painlessly
Trains.and again what a view, shame it wasn't hot enough to sit outside.
Food excellent .