“I had to go to the doctor after one night!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Monaco Hotel

The Monaco Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St. Helier
The Monaco Hotel
You added The Monaco Hotel to your Saves list
Parade Road, St. Helier JE2 3PL   |
Ranked #30 of 30 Hotels in St. Helier
Tacoma, Washington
“I had to go to the doctor after one night!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

There was broken glass hiding in the filthy carpet. I cut my heal and had to go to a clinic to get it removed. I returned to the hotel, put the glass shard on their reception desk, and told them it was payment in full! They muttered some vulgarity as I turned away and left. VISA disputed the charges; I paid nothing, but I still felt cheated.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Families
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

ok, let's start with the positive side ... now let me comment on the negative side. On arrival the scruffy man on reception twice messed up my credit card transaction - bad start. While he was sorting that, I noticed a can of lager lurking on the reception desk - not a good image. Went to my room via the lift that for 2 days didn't have a a light and as I got out the lift, I was greeted by an empty burger box and plastic fork. I thought 'ok, this'll get cleared away soon' but it was still there when I went down the next morning for my 8 am breakfast which wasn't 8am as the staff hadn't put anything out for us earlybirds. Back the the room - it hadn't been vacuumed properly, the 70's style brown quilt cover had a couple of stains on it. TV didn't work, coffee cup looked like it had only been rinsed as there was a brown ring around the inside. To the bathroom now, the loo roll holder was broken, the toilet hadn't been flushed properly, the soap that is provided wasn't in a box, it looked liked I had inherited the previous guests soap bars - needless to say, I didn't use the soap. The shower when turned on worked but ran on cold when it was on the hot setting. I let it run for a few mins but it still stayed cold. So, with this I turned it to the cold setting and the shower mildly warmed up but then it was only a trickle. Yes, I know I sound like a fault picker and a whinger, but this is what it was really like. I could have complained and it would have been easier to change rooms, but I didn't go looking for these problems, they found me! I just looked forward to the moment that I checked out, vowing never to use this so called Jersey tourist board approved hotel ever again!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
KendL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

We stayed at the Monaco Hotel in June 2009 and 2010.

I can only speak as I find, which is if you want a hotel where you feel at home, with staff who are truly interested in you, this is the one.

We have stayed at this hotel before and I would have no hesitation in staying here again.

We received the most courteous and genuine personal attention.

Reading other reviews, I truly wonder what some expect??

We hope to visit again and we would have no hesitation staying at the Monaco.

The Smith Party

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Guernsey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

We got what seemed like a good deal for a weekend break travelling from Guernsey but nothing could have prepared us for this hotel. Despite having no complaints about the food or service the room was disgusting, dirty and smelly with a very uncomfortable noisy bed as well as freezing! We came back late at night as we couldn't stand being in our room and there were no lights at all from the reception up to the bedroom. We considered moving hotel it was that bad, but decided to stay and unfortunately regretted it. It made for a very unenjoyable weekend in a island we normally enjoy visiting. I strongly suggest to spend a little more a visit a good hotel!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
cornwall
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

It was more like Faulty Towers Manager needed to attend a customer care course asap.
We were greated by the so called owner dressed in jeans and wearing a trilby hat who was down right rude and with a big attitude, my friends had to change rooms because the bedding was disgusting and shower filthy. The hotel advert is a long way off reality, the bar was closed most of the time and with 20 plus in our group you would have thought they would have been eager to stay open. All of our group would not consider staying there ever again.

• Stayed March 2010
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

This 'hotel' is one of the worst places I have ever stayed. Staff were rude and unhelpful, the room was filthy: curtain and towel rail were hanging off the wall, TV screen had been smashed, filthy filthy pillows which stank, stained dirty carpets, and hairs all over the bathroom. The wall paper in the hall had also been half ripped off and fire exits were half blocked. I've recommend you avoid this hovel at all costs.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

verry good hotel
staff was nice and kind food realy good
and managers couple their are such a nice people
we would recomended this hotel to everybody

• Liked — modern rooms
  • Disliked — i didnt found that kind of thing>
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Monaco Hotel? Share your experiences!