“Booking through Jersey Tourism not honoured” 1 of 5 stars

Kensington Guest House
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   21, Kensington Place, St. Helier JE2 3PA   |
Ranked #2 of 24 St. Helier B&B and Inns
Driffield, United Kingdom
“Booking through Jersey Tourism not honoured”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

After booking this guesthouse through Jersey Tourism on one of the special deals advertised by the owner, the price was increased by 32% without any regard for the booking reference and price booked through Jersey tourism. Also the triple and twin rooms that I had booked were changed to a family and a single room. When questioned about it, the owner could not care less and had a condescending and patronizing manor. This pricing scam has wasted a month of my life trying to find out why my booking had changed so much and why my booking with Jersey tourism was not being honoured. The experience of dealing with this person has left me and my family with very bitter about coming to stay in Jersey. I would recommend that anyone wishing to stay here to think again, I would not stay here if it was the last place on earth.

Room Tip: Pick a room in another guesthouse
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I recently stayed at this lovely Guest House in October 2012. I lived in Jersey for many years and I am now a regular visitor back as I have family who live there. When I come to visit them I will be using the Kensington as my second home as I felt it was just that. I am a single lady and I like to have my own independance and this little place gave me all that. I loved it, it was so clean, comfortable, friendly and most of all I felt safe.
This is one of the best guest houses you will ever find in Jersey. Looking forward to many more visits. Thank you John so much

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Have just got back from spending 4 nights at this guest house. It is in a great location, close to the centre of St Helier. The guest house is very clean and warm, we were very comfortable and made very welcome by John and the staff, who were very friendly and helpful.

Excellent value for money all round.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was looking for a b&b in central St Helier, which wouldn't cost the earth. Kensington Guest House fit the bill. Just up a side street from the Grand Hotel it was near the sea front and minutes from central St Helier. There were 4 excellent restaurants within minutes. The owners look after you very well, and the hotel is immaculately clean, but not so that you feel uncomfortable. The breakfast is generous and varied seelction. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Yarmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Hi another year at our fav guest house we have been going to jersey for 31 years this guest house is like home from home very clean freindly food good. great host very helpful. we spend six weeks a year over there and sorry when we have to leave.so thank you john mo and annie for making our holiday once again. looking forward to next year.thanks once again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Caister-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

John, Mo and the rest of the staff made us feel at home, the room was excellent, clean and fresh. Breakfast was also excellent setting us up for the day ahead. It was a brilliant holiday and would not hesitate to go again and stay at their guest house.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Booked the Kensington as a result of the good reviews on trip advisor and we were not disappointed. Very friendly service from all the staff and lots of helpful advice from John on places to visit. Room was clean and serviced every day and the ensuite although small was perfectly adequate.
Location was good being around a 10 minute walk into the centre of town and the bus station. A lovely full English breakfast every morning and for only £32 pppn was excellent value for money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Kensington Guest House? Share your experiences!