“Holiday Jersey” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 31 Hotels in St. Helier
Ripon, United Kingdom
“Holiday Jersey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Arriving in Jersey for the first time, we looked round at the place during our travel from Airport to Hotel. First impression of the Metropole Hotel was good, the approach to the main doors, the large entry foyer and above all the welcome by the counter staff. Our room keys were ready, they directed us to the lift and asked if we required the porter for our luggage. We travelled a number of clean, light and airy corridors to our room. We were suitably impressed by the openness of the room, space, large wardrobe, bath and shower unit and modern slim line t.v. Good bed, possibly slightly firm for some. Clean room, added heating if you required this and a very good dressing, writing table. We had two large windows with sash style opening. Liking a reasonable amount of fresh air we used these to benefit. We finally found after a short recce trip that our room (on the first floor) was quite near the cafe, pools, and reception. We just turned right instead of left. Navigation within the hotel relatively easy, lounge, reception, bar, restaurant, swimming pools and cafe were all easily accessible. The food was good, three evening courses served, breakfast excellent, coffee, tea in any quantity. Comfortable seats and open style room. This room was also used for evening entertainment, Bingo, music, singing etc. Very impressive for a three star hotel. They have a well equipped (yet small) gym, inside and outside pools, sauna and Jacuzzi. We found the hotel and excellent centre, no problems at all and would recommend visiting. they also had access to the internet (free) and resident phones. The outside car park was adequate to cater for about 30 cars, obviously many hire Fords etc.

Room Tip: Probably on the first floor, away from the entertainments. There have been a number of extensions to...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one week. Staff all friendly. Food was varied of good quality and you could have five courses for dinner. Rooms quiet comfortable clean and spacious. Our waiter was manual he was great fun and really looked after us. Good location. Although I would not return to jersey I would recommend this hotel for people of all ages. Leon did a great job of keeping us entertained.

• Stayed October 2013
Preston, Lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We have just returned from a four night break at The Metropole Hotel. A bit disappointed to find the hotel wasn't by the sea, but it was quite central for bus station (10-15mins walk) shops and harbour. Bus service was excellent and we were glad that we hadn't hired a car. Bus fare was £1.70 no matter how far we travelled.
The hotel itself was a little dated, but we found it very comfortable. Our room was a family room 102 on the ground floor. Quite big with double bed and an adjoining door with two singles. There were patio doors but unfortunately cars were parked right outside them so we needed to keep curtains closed for privacy. Unsure what the pillows were stuffed with but they weighed a ton, and duvets would have been lighter than blankets in summer. Tea and coffee was replenished daily.The bahroom was spacious with plenty of toiletries and hot water. The maid did an excellent job during our stay. The meals were very good and waiter service was efficient. There was a nice coffee shop and prices were reasonable. An indoor and outdoor pool with Jacuzzi too. As we were there for anniversary/birthday celebration we were given a bottle of bubbly from the hotel which we thought was a nice touch. There was entertainment in the evening, but we only stayed one night to listen to a guitarist/singer who was very good.
All in all, I think it was quite good value for money, but would rather stay in a hotel by the sea. Everyone seemed to think that rooms on the 1st floor were the best choice. The sister hotel, The Mayfair, was noisier from all accounts. People seemed to prefer The Metropole.

Room Tip: !st floor as you are able to sit out near the coffee shop on a little piece of private garden
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I went home to Jersey for a short stay last week and stayed in the Metropole.It was a Bright ,Clean,and Well managed .
The Staff seemed a happy bunch,especially Manuel one of our waiters,he often made us laugh.The chambermaids were very helpful when I asked for a softer pillow and got one.They kept my room and bathroom clean and tidy.
A very nice indoor pool with an excellent Jacquzzi .(Could of stayed in it all day). I would of liked a wet towel bin in the changing room so's not to have to go back into the pool area to leave it in the bin there.(The shower heads needed a soak in soda crystals to be a bit more efficient,I think)
The food was well cooked ,hot,and a simple fare,not elaborate,which I think suited most of the guests when I was there .I really enjoyed my stay there,I heard many of the guests saying how nice it had been staying there.I would recommend it to any who was going to Jersey.
It was also situated just a few yards off the end of the town with a small supermarket with a post office and a chemist nearby.

Room Tip: I had a room at the back,once I found the shortest way to the dining room it was ok. Nice and quiet...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My Daughter and I stayed at this hotel for a week in late September. I had a double room and she had a single. We were really happy with the entire hotel. The place was spotless and everything worked. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. We are both vegetarian and although I could nit pick about one evening's food it was generally fine and the service was excellent. The location is brilliant, right on the edge of the town. On the down side, the rooms are a bit dated and the beds are rather hard. One reviewer mentioned that duvets would be better and that would be an improvement. I think some of the rooms could get very hot in the Summer but we were unlucky with the weather and even used the radiators!!. I would have no hesitation in staying there again. All round I thought it was excellent value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Woking, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Was put in this hotel after my flight was cancelled so I wasn't paying for it but if I was, I would have asked for my money back. The food was terrible, there was an awful smell everywhere and my room was incredibly dated and hot.

• Stayed September 2013
Rhyl, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and myself with another couple have just had a lovely stay at the Metropole Hotel. This is our second stay this year and once again we stayed in rooms 127 and 124. The rooms were kept very clean, towels were changed every day, but I would say that duvets would be better than the brown blankets. The food was good and our waiter, Orlando, was excellent, but had too many tables to look after. The poolside cafe wasn't very good, due to the staffs' couldn't care less attitude. However, the receptionists were very helpful and obliging. We look to a return visit early next year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Metropole Hotel? Share your experiences!