“Fabulous little hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in St. Helier
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Fabulous little hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

A group of us stayed here between christmas and new year and we could not fault it. Great location basically at the top of the high street, rooms have all you need and we all slept well. The staff were very helpful and welcoming. We thoroughly enjoyed the new years eve party laid on with a meal and disco. The hotel was a real bargain and I would be more than happy to stay again!

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I was staying at the hotel for two days for work and the male receptionist/porter was absolutely wonderful. He was helpful, eager and just a delight. The female receptionist who checked me in was withdrawn and gave me little help. I believe she was very cold in her manner and could try harder with communicating with guests.
Although Paul the Reataurant Manager that made up for that with his constant smile, fantastic conversation, tentative to your needs and nice to come back to the hotel too. The other staff were polite and punctual with any needs I had as well as being presented well in themselves.
The rooms were clean and had everything you need for your stay although a tad outdated that's my only complaint about them. Very comfortable with a good set out!
I would recommend the hotel to others and plan to stay again.

• Stayed January 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights on a weekend break to Jersey.

The hotel is a 6/7 min walk from the bus station / town centre .
Easy and fast check in and we were shown to our room, yes would agree the rooms are a little dated but it was very clean and suited us fine . The water pressure in the shower wasn't the best but it did a job.

The downstairs areas were equally as clean and well maintained , free WiFi is available but this only realy works in the lobby area.

Breakfast is a help your self buffet and realy was good , a full range of cooked items, cereal and fruit available . We have had a lot worse quality and service for breakfast in some expensive London hotels.

Considering we only paid £51 a night for a double room with breakfast I would defiantly recommend the hotel for a weekend stay. It would be great in the warmer weather to be able to use the outdoor pool too.

In summary it's a good value place , yes ok the rooms are dated but its clean and well maintained and offers a good base within easy walking distance to the shops,bars and restraunts of St Helier .

We would definatly consider the Apollo again if we return to Jersey but if you want modern 4 star rooms then book and pay modern 4 star prices .

• Stayed January 2013
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The welcome on arrival was warm - we stayed here for one night after our flight out of Jersey was cancelled and EasyJet laid on this hotel for our overnight stay.

The downstairs is quaint but clean and the breakfast in the morning was of a good standard.

The bedrooms are tired looking - our room was clean and the bathroom perfectly good, but the bed was uncomfortable and the general decor tired and in need of repair.

Also the heating wasn't working, although we didn't ask for assistance on this.

It's not in the nicest area of town, but only 5 minutes walk to the main centre. I heard from the cab driver on the way back to the airport that it's rumoured to be being shut down and turned into flats soon, so maybe that's why they haven't invested in updating the rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinbane, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Booked online after reading reviews. Very disappointing.
Staff all Portuguese and not friendly at all. Breakfast overcooked and bland no fresh fruit.
Working in Jersey again but will not be staying here.!!

Room Tip: Dont bother
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Plymouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Went to Jersey for the start of their Xmas markets. 5 adult and 2 children for a long weekend.
The hotel is looking a little old but had everything we required. It was very clean and the staff helpful and friendly . The beds were extremely hard.The children loved the indoor pool with the Jacuzzi .The breakfast was great .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Staff was amazing. I thought my purse had been stolen, but I was WRONG - I'd taken it out with me and left it behind at a nearby restaurant. The staff was just wonderful about it, even though I was sure it had been taken from my room. They helped look for it, assured me it was very unlikely it had been stolen (Jersey in Europe is much different from New Jersey in USA.), assisted me in making calls to my credit cards, and was just overall wonderful in helping me with what was a VERY stressful time. Grace under pressure is my measure of the quality of a place, and the staff could not have been better. Also, the included breakfast was wonderful. Had I paid top dollar for this hotel, I would have expected WiFi actually IN the room (rather than the lobby), but that was the only not-great thing. We stayed for only 3 nights, but I would definately stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Apollo Hotel? Share your experiences!