“beautiful hotel an staff” 5 of 5 stars

Grand Jersey
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Esplanade, St. Helier JE2 3QA   |
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in St. Helier
england essex
“beautiful hotel an staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

from the momenent i walked into the grand hotel i felt very welcome the staff are great very helpfull and happy to help in every way .when booking in was given a free upgrade then taken to our room an it was lovely big clean and flash 42in tv big bed shower room was a walk in which was nice .
pool an spa is great nice size warm an clean

the food was great could not fault it i found nothing to moan about on any part of this hotel i found it so nice before i left i booked my mum an dad in there for a week and im sure they will get same service we got

thank you to the staff at grand jersey you run a beautiful hotel best in jersey

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Eamonn E, General Manager at Grand Jersey, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such lovely comments on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at Grand Jersey. I am delighted that you had such a fantastic time with us and I very much look forward to welcoming your parents for their stay!

It is so rewarding when our staff are praised for their hard work and professional, friendly manner and I shall be circulating your review amongst them.

Eamonn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
Geneva
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed here from 3-5 January. When we made the reservation in September/October the reservation confirmation made no notice of any hotel restaurant being closed in January. However, on arrival we discovered that the Michelin restaurant was closed for 2 weeks and we were very disappointed. Luckily the other restaurant was open and the food was delicious and our 1 year old was very welcome!

I found the spa expensive and the person on the front desk unhelpful when I advised her that I would like a shorter treatment. Despite booking less than 24 hours in advance (I called at 7.30pm for an 11am appointment and wasn't advised of the 24 hour cancelation policy) I was advised that if i didn't take the full treatment I would be charged for it. Luckily the beautician saw my point and made an alternative suggestion.

Overall a good stay, but I think I prefer the service at The Club and the facilities at The Grand.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.

Your thoughts and feedback is extremely important to us and I appreciate your comments regarding not being informed about Tassili being closed and your experience in the Spa. I can assure you that I will be looking into both of these aspects with a view to changing this system.

I hope that you will decide to return to Grand Jersey in the future, and if you would like to contact me beforehand I will ensure that your booking is looked after personally so that you are happy with all areas of your reservation.

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Booked a last minute 5 night break after Christmas and New Year and got a fantastic room rate. This was our second visit to the Grand and we were not disappointed. The service throughout the hotel was impeccable and the staff always friendly and smiling, nothing was too much trouble. Dined each night in Victoria's brasserie in the hotel and the choice and quality of the food and wines was top notch. On our arrival we were informed that we were being given a complimentary upgrade to a superior room, but we requested the same room that we occupied on our previous visit which was an inside room with separate lounge area and the staff were happy to oblige. It made our stay just that little more special.

Room Tip: If you are not worried about a view, ask for an interior room. These are beatifully furnished and us...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

I am delighted to see that your return visit to Grand Jersey did not disappoint! It is always lovely to hear that our returning guests' expectations have been met, and I will be passing your review on to all staff within the hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor and I hope that you we will be seeing you again in the near future.

Birmingham, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We booked a last minute break to see the New Year in with my son and daughter in law and what a good choice it turned out to be. As far as service goes I have to say it was the best I have experienced in any hotel, the staff were particularly helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We last stayed at the Grand 8 years ago but the hotel has gone through a transformation with the new owners. The Concierge has worked at the hotel for the last 17 years and I would say a big thank you to him for making us feel so welcome.

We had booked an upgrade on the room and had a fantastic outlook over the castle and the sea, just a pity the weather wasn't a little better so we could have enjoyed the full benefit. Everything provided in the room with gowns, slippers and lots of extras that many hotels would be charging extra for. Broadband , films, large flat screen TV, bottled water, tea, coffee to name a few.

The spa facilities were excellent with relaxing subdued lighting. Pool, Sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi, impulse showers, and fully equipped gym. We couldn't have asked for more.

The breakfasts were included with every choice of food you could think of and excellent quality.

All in all a fantastic four day break an we will be returning even though we often say that we never go back to the same place twice, we will be making an exception with the hotel and with Jersey.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

It is an absolute pleasure to read reviews such as yours on TripAdvisor and I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments on the website.

I am so pleased that you and your family had such an enjoyable few days with us and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all of the staff here at Grand Jersey.

I hope that we will be seeing you again in the near future.

Surrey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great location, but very tight on parking space. Had a sea front room with great views, but room was small, dark & badly laid out-difficult to access wardrobe & again very dark.
Bathroom was up 3 stairs cramped, tired & not very clean-it had the smallest bath I have ever used & the shower was poor. Fridge in room but no mini bar! Breakfast excellent but dinner disappointing & expensive.Public rooms tired & too dark-awful burgundy nets at the windows. Staff generally excellent. Spa good but no direct access from changing rooms to pool.Close to many restaurants & shops.

Room Tip: Sea view a must.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

Constructive feedback is always appreciated and used to improve the hotel and your comments have been noted.

I am delighted that you found our staff to be excellent - I shall be sure to pass your compliments on to them.

Cromer, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed in the Grand for 11 days over Christmas and New Year. Its in a fantastic location with a plethora of restaurants around the corner and the centre of town just a short stroll. We found the staff to be professional and helpful at all times. Nothing was too much trouble. The food was surperb and the food in Tasillis mitchelin starred restaurant was out of this world. Well worth a visit for a special occasion. The room was clean and comfortable. Yes maybe could have been a little larger but it certainly catered for all of our needs. The bed was really comfortable!!! We really enjoyed the activities for Christmas and New Years Eve was one of our bests!!!
I made good use of the spa and thoroughly enjoyed all of my treatments. The staff there were brilliant. The pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna were also really good and very relaxing.
If I had to point out any downside it would be the poor broadband service. We could usually get enough coverage for emails, browsing etc but if you want to use anything that requires any bandwidth or speed then you are out of luck. This really does need to be looked into.
An excellent hotel in a great location. Fantastic food and service and we will return!!!

Room Tip: Opt for a sea view room as we did hear people complaining about AC noise on the other side.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for such a complimentary review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Grand Jersey. I will be sure to pass all of your thanks and comments on to all the staff who are always very appreciative of such fantastic feedback and recognition.

It sounds like you left the hotel with some wonderful memories of Christmas and New Year's Eve which is superb and I hope we will be seeing you again in the near future.

Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

1st time experience in a 5 star hotel, the porters were very professional, at breakfast the waiter were so professional coz they were fantastic at presenting themselves, the manager was especially fantastic coz he was always helping us. The swimming pool is fantastic, loved the lighting in there it was all so relaxing, even the bar was amazing and nicely decorated and nice choice of whiskeys and glasses to go with aswell. Room service was great, room was done twice a day which was nice. It was a Groupon deal, so it was a great indroduction into 5 star living. The only thing i will say that there was no baked beans for breakfast but everything else was there. The bacon was amazing! And salmon for breakfast was good too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us. It is always good for staff morale to receive such positive feedback and recognition for all their hard work and effort and I will be circulating your comments to every department.

I hope that we will be seeing you at Grand Jersey again in the future.

Eamonn

Been to Grand Jersey? Share your experiences!