“Junior surf program” 5 of 5 stars

St Martins, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Junior surf program”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My 11 year old daughter joined the Junior Surf program at Le Braye and came down for two hours every Sunday- she LOVED it. She is now has the bug and wants to go more and more.
From a real novice , she has progressed with confidence to a level that she can really start to enjoy the sport.She has also learnt safety ,reading the waves , board care, paddling techniques and much ,much more! All the instructors are great and she has had an incredible summer now looking forward to the next summer program.
If the weather was not suitable, i would even get a phone call warning me of the postponement!
I can't recommend Jersey surf school at Le Braye too much, for kids learning to surf and probably igniting a lifelong passion!

Letchworth
“Good instruction, not so good organisation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My partner booked a beginner lesson with this school well in advance of our trip to Jersey. The school called back promptly in response to his email, booked him in and took payment. A couple of weeks later they'd forgotten about this and called again (on reminding they found the booking in their diary).
Upon arrival it wasn't obvious where the lesson was (look for the van on the beach!) and when he did find them it seemed that the instructor hadn't been told to expect him.

Having said that, the instructor was friendly, knowledgeable and the lesson was fun and taught the basics well, with a fair amount of individual instruction (group size was 3 adults, midweek in September).

There is a nice cafe at the spot the school uses.

Visited September 2013
“Surf lesson in Jersey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I visited the island in June and wanted to surf while there. We found Surf school brochure at the hotel and decided to give it a go. George and Natalie were brilliant, and I would recommend everyone visiting the island and wanting to have some fun to go and see them. Keep it up!

Visited June 2013
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Kids had an amazing week surfing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Both my children (9 & 12) had an amazing week at Le Braye with fantastic instructors providing fun, enthusiasm and beach safety training. 1st time they had been for surfing lessons, up on the board first day and now the have the surf bug. A massive thank you to all at Jersey Surf School for the memorable week for my guys and they will be back to see you for more surfing.. My daughter was presented with a signed Roxy t-shirt - she was delighted and I so loved the DVD photos of the week, looked like they had been surfing in paradise, Le Braye is a brilliant location.

Yorks
“Family surf lesson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic time with George. After a comprehensive safety briefing and warm up on the beach we were given clear instructions on how to get the best out of our surfing experience. The equipment we were given to use was in top shape and having George coaching us meant we could feel secure and concentrate on the ( not easy) job at hand. In a small but clean surf we spent 90 mins or so giving it our best shot with the results including some time spent standing, more time spent kneeling and even more time spent swimming. Overall it was a tiring but rewarding challenge and is definitely one we will take on again in the future. Thanks once more to George for his dedication to our cause, it was a lot of fun.