“One for your bucket list” 5 of 5 stars

+(44)1534 725100
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ormer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 174 Restaurants in St. Helier
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Ormer by celebrity chef Shaun Rankin is a sophisticated and welcoming Michelin starred restaurant and bar in Jersey, Channel Islands. The venue is designed by one of London's leading interior designers Martin Brudnizki and the menus are beautifully crafted by renowned chef Shaun Rankin. The ground floor houses a 50 cover restaurant, bar and 20 cover terrace for dining al fresco. The second floor delivers a stunning private dining room and bar suitable for special occasions and corporate hire. A real secret gem is the overgrown roof garden and cigar terrace.
Preston, United Kingdom
“One for your bucket list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Having visited Jersey for the first time for my Special birthday we had no hesitation in booking Ormer after reading such great reviews on Trip advisor and seeing Shaun Rankin many times on TV,he always comes over as a good Chef.
From the moment we walked through the door we got such a warm friendly welcome the staff are 1st class. The young barman behind the bar makes the most incredible cocktails and so interesting to watch.
The ambience/relaxed/warm/friendly atmosphere greets you as soon as you walk through the door and you can't help but feel relaxed in fact one of the nicest restaurants we have dined in with excellent service and food to die for.
At the end of our memorable evening we met Shaun who unlike some celebrity chefs actually is hands on. What a nice guy,thank you all at Ormer's for making our birthday dinner celebration that bit more special!!!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Natasha E, Public Relations Manager at Ormer, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your review and can I please take this opportunity to wish you many happy returns for your birthday. I am so pleased you were able to enjoy it with us at Ormer and had a super time.

I am very grateful for your comments regarding the friendliness of our staff and the service level they supply. The team works so hard to deliver an excellent standard and it is so rewarding for them to receive feedback such as yours.

We hope you return to Jersey for another visit and we have the opportunity to look after you again.

Kindest regards,
Natasha

London, United Kingdom
“Inventive world-class good, great service and decor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Jersey has nowhere more stylish than this. As others have rested on their laurels, Ormer invested in a stunning dining room, lovely bar and 2 great terraces. I found you can spend as little or as much as you want, the 25 pound market 3 course lunch menu might have only 2 choices per course but the quality is still there in spades.

What really blew me away was the 6 course tasting menu which I had for dinner with my better half which was easily on a par with anything in London's top ten, and much more reasonable. I think it was 65 / head. We started with a generously sized tuna tartare & sorbet dish which was truly world class and the meal just got better from there, ending in an epic Raspberry souffle
and white chocolate ice cream.

Service was great and little extras like the ridiculously good bread with salted butter divine.

I think my interest in wine is hardly a state secret, and in Jersey we are not blessed with an abundance of choice. The head sommelier is charming and helpful, with by far the best selection of white burgundies, especially Chassagne & Puligny. The house burgundy is fine too. I really like this place, it makes me think I'm in London and the interior decor and finish is exceptionally high standard.

Looking forward to our next visit. Enjoy !

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
It was a pleasure to have you dine with us at Ormer and we're thrilled you enjoyed your experience so much. We greatly appreciate your comments and are pleased to see you have sampled our new tasting menu, which is receiving wonderful feedback.

We really do appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review and will certainly pass on your compliments to the kitchen team and Sommelier.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kindest regards,
Natasha
Oostend
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Everything from the food, the friendly staff and the stylish interior made our experience at Ormer fantastic. The highlight of our holiday in Jersey.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very good all around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Went here with another couple for a Saturday lunch and ate from the set menu. As one would expect from a restaurant run by a chef holding a Michelin star, the service, food and atmosphere was first rate. It is a nice touch to be able to see into the kitchen and adds to the experience of eating here. We were seated in the bar area with drinks first off and there we could choose our food & wine whilst having a pre lunch drink or 2. No rush to get us through, the dishes were explained well and the orders were taken as we drank.

The food was excellent. The portions were more than adequate, everything was cooked well and complimented the dish. Nothing was out of place, everything seasonal and fresh and it left us all with full stomachs and even the coffee was served with lovely hand made chocolates served on a biscuit 'soil'. In all, it was about £50 per head including drinks, wine and champagne and it was all worth every penny. I would certainly recommend this to friends and family.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. Helier, United Kingdom
“Great welcome, great service , great food, great wine list.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I have eaten at Ormer on several occasions at lunchtime. With my wife, with colleagues and latterly with my family. The lunch menu is good value with limited but good choices. The house champagne is delicious. The decor is muted but stylish. The welcome is always friendly. The bread is excellent. Butter is the tastes butter ever.
Ilook forward to my next visit.

• Visited February 2014