“Perfect for a business lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Banjo, a European-style grand brasserie located next to the Market in a restored 10,000 sq ft former Victorian Gentlemen's Club, is the biggest Jersey Pottery venue to date, with two restaurants and a bar, as well as three private dinning and conference rooms for parties, weddings and corporate events. There are also four beautifully decorated bedrooms for overnight stays. The design of Banjo is inspired by some of the most stunning urban brasseries and bars from around the world whilst retaining the best features of the historic St Helier building that was purpose-built for entertaining
UK
“Perfect for a business lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I enjoyed lunch so much I went back within one week. The welcome was friendly and professional. There was a good ambience and a gentle buzz. We were served attentively but not fussed over. The food was delicious and I can't wait to go back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

St. Helier, United Kingdom
“Excellent as usual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We got to Banjo a lot with friends of family and its always excellent. The food is always delicious and the staff very friendly. The portions are a good size. This restaurant makes you feel comfortable and its nice sitting there. Surely will be back for more amazing meals.

Visited January 2014
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Great food in a very pleasant environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We visit the brasserie in Banjo just after Christmas, after having a drink in the bar before our meal. I'd been looking forward to visiting this newish restaurant for the whole year, and I'm glad to say I wasn't disappointed. Friendly staff providing a good service along with nice décor both in the bar & the brasserie, a interesting menu made hard work of making choices, duck & liver parfait was a worthy tasty starter with the caramelised pear chutney on the toasted brioche. For mains the rib eye steak I went for was very good, cooked just like I asked. My wife went for the slow cooked pork belly, which she said was great.
All in all we were very happy, and at £70 for the both of us including a couple of drinks it didn't break the bank and I'm already looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jersey
“Attentive Staff and Tasty Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We visited banjo for lunch in the dining room and had a fantastic time. There was a Christmas set menu or the a la carte. Each course was fabulous and extremely tasty. On a previous visit some of the servers did not appear to be very knowledgable on the contents of the menu, however this was not the case on this occasion the staff were attentive and and polite. We were lucky to have a well positioned table, however the table next to us which was for a larger number of people looked squished and people kept knocking in to them as they walked past.

Will return again soon.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Dined at Banjo on Sunday evening for the first time. My husband and I were visiting friends in Jersey, who had already eaten at the restaurant.

With regards to the menu, there is a high proportion of fish, which suits me. I started with the crab fish cakes, which were nice, however they did not taste strongly of crab. I tried one of my friends Jersey scallops and would be likely to choose those on a future visit. For the main course, I opted for the king prawn Goan coconut curry. This was similar to a Thai style curry, due to the coconut milk, yet it still had some pleasant spice to it. My husband really enjoyed the pork belly.

The environment was nice and we went into the bar area for drinks later and it was beautifully decorated and lit for the festive season. Drink selection was good, if a little on the pricey side, although that's usual for thus type of place.

Overall enjoyable and would consider going again.

• Visited December 2013