“Food great, plenty of it, and fan value for money, however the waitress was dippy!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Harlem Cafe Bar Restaurant

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Never have I received replies from a waitress like I did last night. Although, friendly she knew nothing about the food on the menus, gave poor responses and actually thought she was funny. In need of adult interaction lessons

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Jersey, Channel Islands
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Terrible service, had to wait an hour and a half for our dinner because they forgot (!) to send our order to the kitchen. Hot rocks not available as they had all been used. Tuna not available. Or tartare sauce (had to ask twice for the sauce before they told us it had run out). Some of the meals arrived cold and had to be sent back. Staff attitude was abysmal. Will definitely not be going for a return visit.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Jersey, United Kingdom
“AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Slow service, mediocre food, if your lucky enough to get what you ordered, it's luke warm at best when it finally turns up. A couple of us did not get what we ordered at all! We also had to ask for knives and forks (as they took them away with the starters, but did not give us any more for our mains) not once were we asked if we would like more drinks. And also no manager or anyone in a position of power to rectify any complaints! Don't bother....

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Leicester
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Booked a table for one night during Tennerfest. Tennerfest menu was a good selection from the main menu, we choose: potato skins with cheese & bacon and buffalo wings as starters, then beef burgers as mains, banana split & sticky toffee pudding as deserts. All courses were good sized portions, arrived promptly & were cooked well.

Staff were lovely & spent time chatting at the end of the meal. Would definitely go back when in Jersey next time.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St. Helier, United Kingdom
“16th Birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

So me and my cousin went to Harlem for my birthday, as I entered the building it reminded me of T.G.I. Fridays, which left a bad taste in my mouth But as we walked in we where given a choice of seating, the waitress was very kind and friendly, as with the other staff. I looked at the menu and was pleasantly surprised at the exotic variety of food they had on the menu, such as Kangaroo and Buffalo. The decoration was trendy and very fitting to the relaxed, happy atmosphere of the restaurant, and the jukebox was a great touch.

I ordered the Meat Kebabs and I love how we cook the food ourselves (Working at La Capannina has its perks haha), the curly fries are also very tasty. The drinks where a highlight, I had two non-alcoholic cocktails which where very well made and delicious. After one of the waiters (or floor manager, can't remember exactly) challenged me to shoot some hoops, and gave me a prize of a cap with the 'Harlem' logo.

Overall this was a great, fun filled night with awesome food and I will definitely be eating there again. However I recommend this restaurant to a age group of maybe 15-25 to get the most out of the place since it is targeted towards a younger audience.

• Visited September 2013